“Great Place to take a break”
Review of Monart

Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We headed down to the Monart for a long deserved break. The hotel's surroundings are just perfect for walks or sitting out and enjoying the lake and watch the ducks. The room was large and perfect for resting and enjoying the green all around. The staff was great- especially Mark who was very attuned to help at all times. !

Room Tip: needed wifi - and when we asked for a land connection - i did get a connection. book spa treatment i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Brendann20,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. I am delighted that you enjoyed your great escape and very much that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Spa of the Year 2014.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay and the Monart and it was just lovely. Second time here and it has lost none of its appeal. Spa and treatments are great. Bedrooms ants lovely. Food is lovely. Staff are brilliant and friendly. All in all a 5 star resort. Downside is it comes with 5 star prices. Most definitely for a special treat the Monart will not disappoint.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glebe1

Dear Glebe1,

many thanks for your review of your time here at Monart.

We are delighted that your second trip was all that you had remembered from your first and very much look forward to welcoming you for a third trip soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent a night in Monart Spa last week and it was bliss. From arrival to departure, Monart spa oozed class and tranquility. Our check in was stress free even though I was under the clock to get to my first treatment. The smoothie was a lovely touch. Our room was lovely and really spacious. Would have loved tea making facilities when relaxing in bed. The spa is fantastic. The relaxation rooms are that, relaxation rooms. Loved the bright room and it's herbal teas and fruit. The thermal suite had a great range of treatments and I loved the feet soaking area in the centre. We ate in the fine dining restaurant, the food was great and there was a good choice. Stayed mid week and was on a package so the inclusion of our meal was really good value. Would have appreciated being told that we had to dress for this restaurant. Breakfast was so tasty and there was a good choice here also. I was very impressed that upon check out we were encouraged to take our time and enjoy the spa. Overall I would recommend the Monart and hope to return in the winter.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Cora G,

Many thanks for your review of your stay with us here at Monart. To be referred to as 'Bliss' is very heartening and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in winter.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just back from my second visit to The Monart. It was just as great as the first time I was there. There was 9 in our party. We arrived on Friday afternoon and even though we were a biggish party there was no delay and no mix ups as we checked in. The rooms are really spacious, very clean and modern. The bathrooms are fabulous. The toiletries were the nicest i've come across in a hotel. The Spa is fabulous and the treatments are great. We had bar food the first evening and it was great, felt a bit rushed by the waitress taking our order, we had barely sat down when she came to take our order. It all felt a bit rushed. Everything settled down when our food arrived though. The breakfast was fantastic all cooked to order and a relaxed feeling in the breakfast room. That set the tone for the day everything from there on was very relaxed. There are some lovely quiet rooms near the front entrance where you can go and have a leisurely read of the newspapers and the staff pop in and out every so often to offer tea or coffee. Great. We had lunch in the spa coffee shop and it was lovely too. We had dinner in the restaurant on the second night. The food was terrific and the service could not be faulted. The staff were so friendly and helpful but we never felt they were intrusive. I'd recommend the Monart to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Greenhouse25

Dear Greenhouse25,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of you stay here at Monart.
We are delighted that you and your party enjoyed each aspect of your great escape and very much look forward to welcoming you all again soon

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed overnight at Monart for a birthday treat back in January. I was torn between giving it an 'Average' and a 'very good' rating, however, considering this is probably Ireland's only dedicated spa-only hotel, I'm going with the latter.

The good: It felt very nice and special to arrive through the gates and drive through the leafy ground to be met by the valet. I quite liked the layout of the hotel, the adult-only feel, and, of course, the fact I could wander around in my robe at my leisure! The rooms were a decent size, and the bar seemed very nice for a quiet pint (ahem, I mean wheatgrass). I enjoyed the breakfast; a friend recently commented that it was the best she has ever had, I would tend to disagree. Very nice nonetheless. We had a meal in the restaurant. Once again, it was very enjoyable, but I didn't like the ambience of the surroundings. The bar had a lot more warmth and character.

The bad: the water situation in the room. On running the taps, the water was brownish in colour (see photo attached) at all times during my stay. Further, there was no hot water in the evening. When I enquired at reception about this, they commented that something needed to be turned on. All in all a poor, incomprehensible response. When informed about the brown water situation on check-out, the response I received was "it happens". No apology. It was, sort of, played down. I was quite appalled at this response.

While I wouldn't like to include the spa itself in the 'bad' list, I felt that it basically consisted of a series of saunas/steamrooms. Very pleasant, but nothing more than I get in my local gym. The massage I had was very nice, but not brilliant.

All in all, a very pleasant stay, with some definite hiccups and room for improvement. Given the lack of options in this country as regards this type of hotel, I will return, but I hope the water situation is rectified.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear AcornTruffel,

Many thanks for your review of your stay with us in January.
I am delighted that there were many aspects to your stay which you enjoyed.

Back in January, during your stay, we experienced difficulty with our wells, which resulted in emergency maintenance, which led to the discolouration of our water and indeed had impact on its temperature.. While perfectly safe, I can appreciate that this is not something that one would expect and would like to apologise in this regard that our responses be anything but satisfactory.
I am glad to assure you that this is not something that has occurred since that time.

I am however disappointed to read your comments in relation to our thermal spa.
Our Thermal Spa is based on the ancient heating and cooling rituals of roman bathing. it consists of, Eucalyptus Vapour Steam-room, Indoor Sauna, Outdoor Finish Log Sauna, Caldarium, Infra Red Pro (with which we recently won the Irish Tatler Spa Innovation Award), Salt Grotto, Kneippe Cure Pools and Experience Showers. With Respect, we are not aware of these being available at any local Gym.

I very much hope that we will in fact have the pleasure of welcoming you to Monart again in the Future.

We are committed to providing the very best in customer service and care; it is with this focus on excellence that we have consistently been recognised as not just 5 star, but a world leading 5 star destination SPA.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to drop out of the world for a while. Great spa. Great food. Nice grounds. Strolling around in your robe all day is the business. Highly recommended. Lots of nice touches like no newspapers allowed, valet parking, and small number of guests.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear HaveanyIrish,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart.
it is encouraging to read of your being totally chilled whilst here.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another great escape.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Myself and husband booked a couple break to Monart for our wedding anniversary. From the moment we buzzed at the gates to the valet parking everything was amazing. On arrival management met us and offered us an upgrade to a suite! It was amazing... And certainly made us feel a million dollars! I loved the greeting at reception which feels more like a meeting and information zone which I loved. The tour of the spa was very thorough and my husband and I made full use of everything available... Lunch was relaxing and beautiful. We had a wonderful treatment, massages and my husbands first experience of any spa treatments... He was made feel so at ease. The staff in the restaurant were fantastic particularly our waiter Dermot who explained the dishes with ease and made us feel very comfortable! We enjoyed every second of our stay and our only regret is we had to leave!!! See you soon and thank you monart!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Joannon,

Many thanks indeed for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your great escape and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!