“Romantic Spa getaway for couples!”
Review of Monart

and 1 more site!
Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 31 August 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew we were about to experience pure indulgence.

We stayed one night and utilized the including spa services and amenities with our stay. We arrive late in the afternoon and were brought to our room by the front desk, she told us to get on our robe and slippers and head down to the spa before dinner service, so we did. The spa is brilliant. We spent 2+ hours and followed the recommended course of treatments and rooms by the spa attendants. Once done we ordered room service and the staff dropped by with rose petals for our room, as we were on our honeymoon.

The next morning we enjoyed a delightful heart breakfast. I ordered an omelet off the menu and my husband had eggs Benedict. Truly delicious.

I wish we had known a bit more about Monart before we arrived as we would have loved to spend 2 nights at this Destination in itself.

Room Tip: Utilize the fact that though you have to checkout prior to noon you can still use the spa until 2pm...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrick K, Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Erin P,

Thank you for your review of your Honeymoon stay with us here at Monart. Many congratulations again from all the team.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Monart Destination Spa ‘The Great Escape’
Monart is an Adults Only Destination, to unwind, escape the stresses of modern life, relax and return to one’s true nature. Voted in the top three Destinations Worldwide by Condé Nast Reader’s Choice Awards. Tatler Spa of the Year 2014.

There are newer reviews for Monart

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Girls night away without husband or kids, a little slice of pampering and luxury. Atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, stunning surroundings, beautiful rooms and excellent food. Once you get over the awkwardness of wearing your fluffy bathrobe and slippers throughout the hotel (except for dining, obviously), let yourself wallow in the relaxing atmosphere, walk through the stunning garden and maze, go for a relaxing swim or just treat yourself to the excellent spa treatments.
Keep an eye out for special offers and you may feel less guilty for indulging yourself!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear ClaireG72,

many thanks for your review of your girls getaway to us here at Monart recently. We are delighted that you immersed yourselves in the cocoon we endeavour to create.

We very much hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

WOW!!!!! If you are booked into Monart, you are in for a treat, it's a little piece of heaven.
From start to finish, it really is the great escape.
All the staff are a credit to Monart and the whole experience, from the time you buzz at the gate until you get into your car to leave, the staff can't do enough for you.
It was my friend's birthday and engagement celebration which I had emailed to the hotel and when we were being shown to our room, the staff member showing (sorry I can't remember her name) asked who's birthday it was and who had gotten engaged, which just shows their attention to detail as with everything else in the hotel.
The rooms are simply decorated but fabulous. The beds are really comfortable, so much so that you don't want to get up!
The spa is one of the best spa's I have stayed in. I got a facial done by Jane who was brillant at her job and also my friend who is trained beautician, got a facial done by Julie and she said she is the best she has ever had.
The only downside to the whole experience was having to leave, we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irishnic1982

Dear Irishnic1982,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us here at Monart. We are delighted that you agree that we are the 'Great Escape' - your commendations and high praise, particularly of our staff are very much appreciated. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Jane and to Julie, who I am sure will be delighted.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

From the moment you buzz in at the gate you are in true heaven. Where to start?? The rooms are amazing. Spacious and bright the beds are pure comfort. The staff at monart are very friendly and willing to help you with anything you desire I especially seen this act of kindness at the spa reception as I met Kellie she brought me down on my tour of the spa she noticed my slippers weren't quite fitting without me saying anything she had asked me did I want another pair. Kellie had been on reception during my full stay at monart I found her extremely helpful with my treatments and when I was buying products. The treatments I had during my stay were exceptional. I am counting down the days as to when I can return to monart it is a place like no other!!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Lorrl13
MonartGM, General Manager at Monart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Lorri13,
Thank you for your very kind review for your recent stay with us in Monart.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I have told Kelly about your comments and she is over the moon.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your company in the not too distant future.
Your sincerely

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here recently for few nights. Overall we enjoyed our stay. It was very busy while we were there and maybe therefore best to go at a quieter time. Be advised everything needs to be booked in advance, even eating in the bar at night, you can't walk in at any time for your meal in the bar unfortunately. Spa treatments book up v fast also and need to be booked early if you want certain times. Spa facilities v good and treatments were nice but you felt like you were on a conveyor belt, in and out and next person after you. Other spa hotels I've been to offered smoothie drinks or fruit kebabs and personal music after your treatments which were lovely touches, all I was offered was water or some hot herbal tea/ water. There were two bowls of fruit in rooms alright but no plates or knives around to cut your grapefruits!! We felt they were understaffed and the staff were quite young and we sensed it needed a more senior staff manager around the place which I didn't see while there. I just felt like a number really.
In general hotel extremely clean, esp public toilets everywhere, plenty of towels in spa area and changing rooms which was good,and a reasonably priced in -house hairdressers which was a nice touch.
I enjoyed the idea of going around in robes for the day esp for breakfast. For dinner you got dressed.
Bedrooms are spacious but plain, bathroom nice though, rooms warm, no air con and didn't really sleep that well while there unfortunately and felt bed too soft for my liking, but that's only my preference. Tea /coffee facilities would have been nice/ ironing board but we survived!!
Food was excellent, for breakfast and dinner esp the restaurant. The waiter Dermot who has been mentioned by previous reviewers was v friendly and happy to answer any questions we might have had regarding food or wine.
It is a beautiful and stylish hotel, a mix of old and new intertwined well, a small bar in the old house might be nice for people to escape to after their dinner as you really don't have anywhere else to go unless there is a table free in bar otherwise it's off to bed!
All in all it's a lovely experience in a beautiful setting , it just needs that extra wow factor to make it one of the best spa destinations in the world, I just wasn't blown away on this occasion unfortunately.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EJ1966,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us in Monart.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us for the most part, and thank you for your kind comments regarding Dermot. He will be thrilled.

I have taking on board all your comments and suggestions, which I would like to thank you for.
Feed back is most important for us, as it allows us to look at all our offerings and we will do what we can and what is feasible to do.

I hope we will have the pleasure of your company in the not too distant future.
Your sincerely

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my second time to Monart. My partner and I noticed a different in standards since the last time. One of the big annoyances for us was the amount of groups of women that seemed to make noise where ever they went, in the spa and a particularly noisy bunch that were under our balcony smoking till all hours. The rooms were very warm and with there being no air con, we had to have the balcony door open. This lead to the smell of smoke coming in to the room from the noisy bunch of clucking hens below us. There are a few little things that would have improved our stay, such as having tea and coffee making facilities in the room and a fridge. Part of their reason for not having these in the room I assume is so that you spend more money on room service and to prevent you from bringing your own drinks and food. The offers they provide are good and very competitive but be prepared to spend a lot more money as the food and drinks are quite expensive. The food was generally good although on one occasion the waitress forgot to put our order in so we had to wait a bit longer. The menu in the Garden Lounge didn't seem to have changed since the previous year which was a bit disappointing. I think the fact that we came at a busy time affected our stay. Little touches that we had seen the first time were just not there. So I would recommend going at a less busy period. Having been there twice now I don't think we would return a third. I'd give Monart 4 starts on our first stay in September 2013 and 3 stars for our second stay in August 2014.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ciaransw88

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that we did not live up to your previous visit.
Monart has enjoyed a very busy season this year, and as you stated there are very popular packages available . We strive to ensure that all of your valued clients enjoy the tranquil setting of Monart and its facilities .
We constantly change items on all our menus seasonally , and yet some of our favourite dishes remain due to popular demand.

Feedback is very important to us, where it allows us to look at all our offerings.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your company in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My siblings & I brought our mam to the Monart for her 'significant' birthday treat. We had a triple and a twin room. The rooms were really lovely -well designed and spacious with each having its own balcony.
It was wonderful from the time we drove up the avenue to the moment we left -24 hours later.
We felt spoilt by the excellent service, fabulous food and of course the spa area itself.
We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline M

Dear CarolineM,

Thank you for your very kind review and lovely comments.
I am delighted to read that you and your Mother enjoyed your time with us and especially for your Mothers birthday celebrations.

Hopefully we will see you all back in Monart very soon.

Mark Browne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!