“The most amazing and relaxing weekend of my life”
Review of Monart

Monart
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed 9 February 2009

From the moment we drove up to Monart, we knew we had something special on our hands. I was treating my sister to a weekend of pure bliss for her 40th birthday, and I am 26. The service from the moment we arrived was second to none, and they were there throughout our stay, hidden in the wings whenever we needed them. I also loved how the people who worked there were locals and very familiar with the area. Our room was beautiful, as was our bathroom, and spotless. the balcony was also very enjoyable in the evenings with a bottle of champagne over looking the wooded area.
The treatements were little pieces of heaven, and i was sad each time one was finished, yet excited for the next. the food was like nothing I had tasted before, who knew someone could make eggs benadict a masterpiece for breakfast. The thermal facilites were never crouded, and more refreshing than you could imagine. even the crushed Ice over me was a pleasent experience. It apparantly was a very busy weekend, but I would never have known. The grounds were beautiful, my first impression was 'Enchanted' and that will stick with me. There are not enough words to describe how refreshed and fabulous I felt whilst there, and leaving. and I cannot wait to return in the summer months. one other thing to note is as luxurious and comfortable this place is, it is not one bit pretencious. which is an absolute rarity these days. I'd also reccommend going to the drawing room for some tea and a read of the papers in your robe. Yummy!

• Stayed: February 2009

Reviewed 7 February 2009

My wife and i stayed in Monart for 2 nites in August 08.

Overall i have to say that Monart is a wonderful spot for a short getaway..The location is idyllic, the grounds and buildings are in perfect keeping with the local countryside and you really do feel as if you have got away from it all.

The bedrooms are huge, modern and very very comfortable, with lovely views of the woods.

The spa itself is very luxurious, and again it is all low rise and fits in perfectly with the area, especially the log cabin sauna. It did take a while to get used to just wearing a dressing gown all day! The spa experience with the pools, saunas, steam rooms etc kept you occcuplied for hours, and we did have a treatment each included in the package. We felt you could spend a fortune if you wanted to, but if you were content with a treatment or two and the spa experience it wasnt too bad.

Overall a lovely relaxing getaway, and my only gripe was that the food was very overpriced for what it was, but as a special treat go for the afternoon tea and pastries...yummy!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Just back form a two night stay in the Monart. My boyfrirnd booked it last minute as a treat as I had the flu all over Christmas. We headed down Firday after work and from the moment we drove through the electric gates and the concierge met us to valet park the car, the relaxation began. The interior of the spa is beautifully done every last detail is finsihed to perfection with soft lighting and candles at every turn. The staff where very professional and immediately made us feel welcome. We were shown to our room which was very spacious and very comfortable with a balcony that overlooked a a beautifully lit woodland. We had dinner in the main resteraunt on both evenings it is pricey but the service is fantastic. The food is also quite good. I was a bit dissapointed on the second night, I had the cod and it was overdone. The breakfast is very good with a beautifull buffet and a cooked breakfast to follow that will keep you going until dinner.
The Spa itself is very big with all of the usual suanas and solariums you would expect. Myself and my boyfirend both had two treatments and we both came back to our room completly chilled. We went on the gallops 3km walk and I would advise anyone to wear wellington boots its very mucky. Overall I could fualt our stay . It did the trick we both left refreshed and ready for the week ahead. We will be back !!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Triona32
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Just back from a two night break in Monart after Christmas before New Years. Checked in for the first two nights it was open after Christmas (28th & 29th). Didn't start off that well as was checking in the same time as two other couples and being short handed it took awhile to check in and they confused were our bags were meant to go. In saying that the staff were all very nice and for our impressions all locals which makes a nice change in Ireland.
The hotel was near capacity on the first night and supposedly full on the second. After checking in we went down to the spa to try to book some treatments in but were very disappointed to find that all the treatments rooms were booked up for our stay. As part of our package we had already booked a half hour treatment for the next day but still not to have the option was annoying and the fact we were not phoned to advise us of this is bad for the level of hotel they are aspiring to be.
We changed into our robes and back one of the robed cults for the majority of the rest of our stay. We went down to the spa to use the facilities and were shocked by how busy it was. Each of the sauna's etc were nearly full and didn't feel boutiquey at all but mass market. I am not sure if they were all guests or locals coming in for the day but when full the charm of the place is definitely lost.
We were booked into the main restaurant for the first night and I must say the food is great but you are paying Dublin prices. Service as well was first class so if you are going definitely make sure you get at least one night in the main restaurant.
The second day we took it a little easier and didn't get up to noon as the bed and the room was so comfortable. Headed down to the spa and thankfully the place was not so full and we could really enjoy the facilities (seems weird as hotel was meant to be full that day). That evening we got room service and the food (and burger in particular) was very good as well.
Overall I can say I really enjoyed it for a restful experience after a hectic christmas but when full the facilities and staff are stretched perhaps too far.
Pick a quiet weekend or mid-week deal to really enjoy this place but it is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackofEire
Reviewed 10 December 2008

My husband and myself spent 3 nights mid-week in the Monart on the advice of a friend. We wanted someplace relaxing, peaceful, excellent spa and food; we got exactly that ,from start to finish this was a 5* experience.

From the moment we arrived everything was taken care of for us, our car and bags were taken at the door and we were shown to our room by the friendly front of house staff. The bedroom was very large, big comfortable bed, sitting area, plenty of storage and a lovely balcony overlooking the wood. The bathroom was a good size with separate shower and bath.

Food in the Garden Lounge was good for both lunch and evening dining, and again the staff were friendly and well trained. I would recommend having dinner in the Garden Lounge if you want something casual rather than the main restaurant. Food in the restaurant was excellent and we had no problems with the service. Guests were inclined to dress more formally for dinner in the restaurant which was nice.

The spa is excellent and again the staff were wonderful. We both had good treatments but enjoyed spending time in the relaxation rooms and the pool. The pool is small but both times we had the place to ourselves so was not a problem.

While the Monart has all the 5* luxuries you expect it is the intangiables that set it apart from other establishments. Firstly, I never felt like I was in a hotel, this was a true spa experience where you could wander about in your robe all day; staff were not franctically running around, there were no phones ringing... it was all peace and tranquility. Even though The Monart was at about 50% capacity we rarely met other people except in the restaurants. Secondly, the staff are amazing, they were efficient, well trained but very friendly. If you made the effort to chat they were happy to talk but if you wanted to be left alone they did not intrude.

I would recommend The Monart to anyone who needs some peace and quiet in a great location with great food.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

I returned only this week from the most amazing stay at this fabulous spa in the south-east of Ireland. I travelled alone, feeling the need for some me time and this was truly the tonic. Everything from start to finish was superb. The food was simply sublime, the spa experience and the treatments I had were some of the best I have ever experienced (best facial I have ever had). Many of my friends thought going to such a place alone, I would get bored, as I stayed for four days, but that couldnt be further from the truth. I switched off my phone on Friday morning and never even looked at it unitl I got home Monday evening, not giving a thought to have to make contact with anyone... This was total relaxation, the bedrooms were spacious and calming, it was the quietest place Ive ever been to, you could hear a pin drop, of course its adults only which is a big plus! I cannot praise the staff enough, very friendly, very efficient and they could not have made my stay more comfortable.....I would have stayed longer if I could.....I cannot wait to return again soon.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2008

My wonderful boyfriend brought me to the Monart a number of weeks ago. Because we set off straight after work, neither of us had eaten earlier. We were both looking forward to dinner and were both fairly exhausted following a busy week.
The drive into the estate is truly wonderful. We pulled up outside in pouring rain to be greeted by a valet who carried in our coats and various 'bits' that we had collected in our frenzied rush to arrive before the weekend traffic. A lovely receptionist checked us in and asked us if we intended eating in the hotel that evening. Boyfriend explained that he had made a dinner reservation when booking the room. No record of this however, a table was arranged for us for 8 that evening.
The room was beautiful as was the huge bathroom stocked with an array of lotions and potions. Bed was also so very comfy. Another plus was the balcony and the tilt and turn windows which allowed us to keep the door/window open at night (something that so many new hotels overlook).
Boyfriend is not a pampering-type man but was delighted that the room had a dvd player and he brought his own movies to watch whilst I lounged in the spa.
Following a swim and a shower, we crawled to dinner famished and weary. We were promptly brought to our table, ordered food and a bottle of wine almost immediately and waited. The wine arrived but no food. We waited.....and waited. By nine o'clock the bottle of wine had been polished off and yet no sign of so much as a starter. Because I was tired and now a little tipsy and because this had been a surprise from my boyfriend, I didn't want to complain too much. We did ask passing waiting staff if our meal was due to arrive and they assured us that it was. Our main course arrived at ten. By the time we had finished eating, most of the other diners had left the restaurant. I had a thumping headache and simply yearned for bed. To 'compensate' us for the tardy arrival of the meal, management brought us a Baileys and a brandy?! Really at this stage I had drunk more than enough. Perhaps management could have considered something a little more imaginative. In fairness, neither of us did complain but I would choose to eat at the earlier sitting if I were to visit again.
The spa was such a delight. Staff were so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere for a place that (granted) is not cheap was very informal. To stay here is to suspend disbelief for a night or two, but the experience is rendered all the more relaxing by the staff who are neither stuffy nor nonchalant. There would be a tacit irony in saying that the Monart is not pretentious......(It is the ultimate venue for luxury and pampering), however the employees' natural ease with guests is a skill that some other upmarket hotels could do well to observe.
I hope we will return. Who knows in these times of economic uncertainty...... I will eat before leaving my house and book the earlier dinner.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lishis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Kelly's Resort Hotel & Spa
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!