“So Romantic”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Ireland
“So Romantic”
Reviewed 19 April 2010

stayed here with my partner in February only now getting around to writing this review - This was our second time here and as before it was fab fab fab........ Check in was smooth, the rooms are nicely decorate and have great views over looking the gardens, the spa was obviously the main reason for our visit and this was definately the highlight. Would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to couples of friends who just want to get away - definately a "little bit of Heaven".

Had dinner in the bar one night which was tasty and the lady that seved us was so nice, really interacted with us and so friendly she was Irish and I think her name was Mags - although I could be wrong. On the other night we found a really lovely Italian restaurant in the town which was devine - best pasta I have had in a long time.

Breakfast was also great - hope to return

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Great stay, very peaceful and relaxing (although the staff are a bit too anal about the newspaper ban)! Spa facilities were great, although a bigger pool and a proper jacuzzi wouldn't go amiss. The only flaw with the weekend was that the dinner in the restaurant was a fair bit sub par and not anywhere near the standard you'd expect from a top hotel. On the other hand, the food in the bar was very tasty and much better value!

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I'm just back from my 5th trip to Monart with my best friend. I am so relaxed that I can hardly type. The staff were their usual friendly and helpful selves. The owner, Liam Griffin ,was a bout and checking that everyone was happy with their stay. We started with lunch in the bar ,the freshest and tastiest of food everywhere, from lunch to dinner to breakfast. The guiness brown bread is to die for.

I had a dry flotation and hotstone massage that lifted stress and knots I've had for months! We did all the rooms and even ventured out to the outdoor sauna, passing the ducks on the lake and the willow maze. The whole place was ,again,spotless and the robes warm and fluffy. I defy ANYONE not to fall in love with Monart. Go for it, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2010

This was my third trip to Monart in the last 15 months, I love it! I have been there with my husband & girlfriends. It's the ideal place for treating yourself, really enjoyed the spa, the room, jog in the grounds, reading the papers in the old house, the milk-shakes in the cafe!
You should look out for good deals. Each time, we got a great rate, two nights for € 370 B&B for two, so this is great value. We both had the Indian Head massage last time, wonderful!
Go there, ENJOY!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SusanJane76
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 March 2010

The room was very cozy, twin beds as requested, sofa, table and chairs, lcd tv and outdoor patio furniture. The bathroom was huge with large marble powershower and separate bath. Front of house staff were attentive and pleasant.

The restaurant is pricey per the a la carte menu but the market menu was reasonable at €39 per person for starter, main, dessert, tea/coffee with added extras of amuse bouche and sorbet. We stayed two nights and unfortunately on the 2nd night the market menu did not change and so we dined in the Garden Lounge which is more affordable and so an excellent alternative. Breakfast ticks all the right boxes with great choices for cooked breakfast, as well as a buffet for cereals, fruits, pastries etc. For lunch during the day the spa cafe hits the spot. Once again staff were friendly and attentive.

The spa is fantastic - my favourties being the dark relaxation room for a snooze, the light relaxation room for a read and the heated tiled seats in the pool to dry off after a swim. I had the lazy days ritual as a treatment which was a unique experience.

Some drawbacks of the stay - a firealarm went off at 7.20am on our first morning there; we had to call reception to fix the tv which died (though very prompt service); and were unlucky to share a day with one noisy group of guests who would have been better suited to a city break for a catch up, no fault of the hotel.

It is a remote location (yet only 90 min from Dublin) but once you are there it is bliss. I will definitely be back and in the meantime will snuggle up to my newly purchased supersoft Monart blanket for the memories!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Nottingham
Reviewed 28 February 2010

We had a lovely relaxing stay at Monart. We were pleasantly greeted with a delicious 'shot' of smoothie and shown to our room which was delightful! The room was very well presented and very clean. We slipped into our bathrobes and were happy to hear that these were to be our outfits for our entire stay (apart from the evening meal!).

The spa facilities were very pleasing and were a true relaxation haven. There were very few other guests using the facilities which hightened the experience. We didn't book any additional treatments and instead just made the most of the quiet and peaceful light and dark relaxation rooms.

We dined in the 'garden restaurant' which was the alternative to the main restaurant. The food was acceptable without blowing us away. The mediocre food didn't represent value for money.

Dublin
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Just back from a romantic three day break with my wife in what must be Ireland's five star Treasure Retreat. From the moment we arrived we were made feel welcome by all we came in contact with. No request was too trivial to be granted & the staff must have been chosen with the greatest of care. This was my first time in a spa hotel & at first I was a bit sceptical of the value of the experience but by the time the third day had arrived I was already looking forward to our next visit.
We both thought the food for both breakfast and dinner was superb and the attentiveness of the staff and the attention to detail was outstanding.
We both had treatments and again this is something that surpassed anywhere else I have had to date.
If you need a break away from the world this is the spot!
Well done to all in Monart...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Treacy's Hotel
Treacy's Hotel
#3 of 5 in Enniscorthy
Marlfield House Hotel

Been to Monart? Share your experiences!