“Italian in the Ozarks ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Franks is the place to go for good Italian food, & a great atmosphere. Owners almost always check to make sure dinner is going good. If your driving through on I-40, & tired of chain food, it’s easy off n easy on. One of our favorite places to eat.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We were just passing through and decided that we wanted more than fast food, so we tried Frank’s. My husband had the Chicken Marsala and I had the Pasta Sampler. We both had garden salads. The location and the building are very nice. The salads were just ok for $3.95 each. They were kind of small and were made from lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber and black olives. The dressing portion was generous. My husband really enjoyed his Chicken Marsala. My sampler Platter was just ok. Lots of tomato sauce (too much, really) and not enough pasta, cheese or meat. Even though it was a trio, everything pretty much tasted the same. The servers were nice. Food was delivered quickly, but they really didn’t check back with us to see if we needed anything often. With the higher ratings I had read, perhaps my expectations were too high, but based on our one experience, I can really get not call this average Italian. Prices ate in the mid- range.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal. Our first visit was great. The bread and whole meal reminded my wife of her childhood. With her Italian mother and grandmother spending most of their day cooking. Wonderful memories.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Every time we have been to Franks the food is great. It never changes. You always know what to expect which is very important. The waitress was friendly and our food was fresh and it didn’t take long to get it. They play pleasant music in the background which is such a refreshing change from other places. It’s one of our favs.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We went back to Frank's after about a year. It is still very good. In fact, it was the best meal of our recent trip to Branson and that includes some expensive places. We eat at Pete's place in Krebs, Oklahoma and have for over 50 years because it is not just another restaurant with Italian food on the menu. Neither is Frank's. Frank's has a unique taste that is a signature and has twice been consistent. That is hard to do in these days of constant change and turn over of people. The taste is mild but not bland. Nothing seems to overpower but it is distinct of basil and oregano and not too much garlic. Bread is fresh and soft and warm, spaghetti is cooked just right, cheese is plentiful and of good quality not some franken type stuff. The portions are plentiful and you will leave satisfied. They seem to take some effort to get good fresh vegetables for their sauces and saute. One standout is their own homemade Italian dressing and if you like oil, balsamic vinegar and tomato (probably sun dried) you will like their dressing. In fact, I'd take home a bottle of it if I could. I don't often give five stars but these people that run Frank's deserve a well above average rating. It is a cut above for a small market like Van Buren, Arkansas.

Been to Frank's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!