“Good for a quick bite”

L'illa Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #50 of 93 Restaurants in Pollenca
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 2003 we offer a relaxed atmosphere in a warm and cosy environment; the main square in Pollenca, the ideal spot to enjoy Mediterranean haute cuisine. This year 2014 we are proud to introduce our new chef and our new menu with an attractive selection of dishes based on only fresh, high quality products. We have a large variety of gourmet tapas, all home made, as well as rice dishes (paelles), meat, fish and pasta dishes - and delicious desserts, of course. We also have a children's menu. Enjoy the best food on our inviting terrace - welcome!
Dublin, Ireland
“Good for a quick bite”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

As a regular visitor to the town, Café L'illa to me has always been a place at which the kids can be dumped and eat a slightly above average burger while the adults dine at one of the more upmarket restaurants dotted around the square. It does pale in comparison to its competition on that square, but it is the closest thing to fast food in that quaint town - a restaurant frequented with cost and possibly speed in mind. You will probably be more satisfied with the place than my review suggests, however I am slightly biased seeing as I was locked in their small, windowless bathroom for half an hour before one member of staff finally heard my banging on the door over the incessantly loud music.

Visited June 2013
Illacafe, Propietario at L'illa Cafe & Bistro, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
As the owner of l'lla I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Since you seem to know Pollensa well, I would first of all like to tell you that we have totally changed our menu, our cuisine and now offer gourmet tapas and excellent dishes, not the snack kind of food that you remember. Our talented chef is also brilliant with rice dishes and all sorts of meat and fish dishes. If you are still in Pollensa when you read this, I would be very pleased if you came back - with or without children - and we could offer you a totally different culinary experience.
I am also sorry to hear about you being locked in the men's/lady's room and I understand that this experience added to the negative overall impression. The doors upstairs are thick and made of massive wood and have been slightly twisted by the change of temperature. You need to give them a push while you turn the lock. The carpenter will come first thing in the morning to fix them.
I hope we see you again and will be given another opportunity to change your impression. Best regards.

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tapas and brilliant with kids”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We ended eating here 3 times in our 10 day holiday. We needed to eat fairly early with our 21 month old and most restaurants don't serve til 7pm, but the tapas here more than made up for our frustrations. Genuinely the best Patatas Bravas we've ever had, the chicken wings are awesome and take a chance on the roasted seasonal veg with provolone cheese, soooo good. Mostly though these guys were just brilliant with our boy, didn't blink at the tomato sauce smeared white tablecloth he destroyed, went out of their way to make sure he was having a great time. Thanks guys - we'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TraceyHill
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great Tapas in lovely setting”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Really enjoyed our Tapas, particularly the veal meatballs, great wine, friendly waiter and the setting in the main square was lovely.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great tapas!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stopped by the square in Pollensa and the nice table display at this place convinced us. The food was absolutely excellent, the best tapas I've ever had on the island - and in Spain. We tried several dishes and combined them according to the waiter's suggestions. Each tapa was an exquisite experience, we tried roast vegetables with provolone cheese, a fantastic salmon and potato salad with wasabi, spinach croquettes, grilled squid, fried eggs with iberian ham... and a beautiful chocolate cream, originally served with a touch of coarse sea salt. I truly recommend this place if you want to try the true Spanish kitchen with a classy touch.

• Visited April 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“The Worst Restaurant in Majorca”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were on holiday and stayed in a villa south of the charming town of Pollenca. However, going to this restaurant was the worst thing we did over of week-long holiday. I had been on TripAdvisor that evening and found several nice places to go in the town square (this was not one of them). We decided to wing it and roamed the town square at around 6 o'clock. We had youngish children (10 and 7) who saw this place and wanted to go. As we couldn't argue with these two smiling children, we went and sat down. The only redeeming feature of the restaurant is the fact that the chairs are comfortable. We sat down and waited for 5 minutes until we were catered to by a waiter. I speak good Spanish and had just said 'Hola' when he said in broken English "You can a speak the English". I tried to say to him (in Spanish) that I spoke good Spanish but he was having none of it. So we ordered and had the customary olives and bread delivered to the table. They were tough and borderline stale. The starters were poor but it all went wrong at the mains. I had ordered stuffed chicken in a traditional Majorcan sauce, but the waiter plonked plain chicken and chips in front of me. When I asked he rudely explained that they'd run out of the sauce (indicating it wasn't freshly made). It was tough chicken with OK chips. The 10 year old had ordered a chicken burger (he has a distinctly small palate!) but had chicken nuggets plonked in front of him. When we asked, the man insisted that we'd asked for chicken nuggets but we were positive. So he took them back. 2 minutes later he plonks a chicken burger in front of the child without so much as an apology. It was scarily quick for fresh dish. It was an extremely disappointing meal.

• Visited August 2013