“The worst restaurant ever - do not consider dining here”

Restaurant Nautilus
Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Soller
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“The worst restaurant ever - do not consider dining here”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family had the worst dining experience ever here last night. Service was non-existent. After an hour, we still had not received the soup we ordered. We weren't even served a crumb of bread. After waiting more than one and a half hours, we finally received some soup which was far inferior to that served in other Puerto Soller restaurants like The Randemar. We also waited an excessive amount of time for drinks to arrive. After waiting more than 30 minutes, I wondered whether I would ever receive my diet coke and went up to the bar twice to ask. Eventually, the barman who was busy admiring his tattoos deigned to pour some coke out of a huge bottle into a glass which I carried back to the table. This is a restaurant where items should be served to you - we do not expect to have to perform the role of waiter. No apologies were offered for the dreadful service nor for having to wait for hours to receive our food. Some 2 hours later we received our main courses but the wrong dishes were served and everything was swimming in oil. We could have flown back to London with the amount of oil. If you want food which tastes even vaguely reasonable then do not come here. If you enjoy sitting for hours before eventually receiving the dishes which you didn't actually order then maybe consider this restaurant. We tried to politely resolve the problems created by Nautilus before paying in full for what was undoubtedly the worst meal and the worst service we have ever experienced on holiday.

• Visited June 2014

Zurich
“That's what I call a sunset.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I went there, and wow, was it romantic!! Shame that I went with a couple, as I felt my presence was rather inappropriate. We only had nibblies, so I cannot really comment on the food, but the setting is divine. I saw many sunsets in Mallorca from various viewpoints, but this one was by far the best. I even held my own hand a played footsies with myself for a while. Also, our Cuban waiter was hilarious, and well up for a bit of banter regardless of the language (we had one local, a native German speaker and myself, a native English speaker.

1 Thank Eurotash
Hampshire
“Great food and service and a stunning view”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Turned up without a reservation on a Saturday night and were shown to a nice table on the outside veranda with fantastic views over the sea.
Service was faultless, cheery and professional. Food was excellent, shared tapas the chefs recommendation of turbot for my wife and fillet steak with handmade ravioli for me, both exceptional. Apple cake to finish and good coffee. Bill was 100 euro and worth every cent.
Watched the sun set and paid the bill with a promise to return. Recommended!

1 Thank Sunchaser56
iow
“Lovely food with amazing views”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stunning sunset views and lovely fresh food in this friendly restaurant.We where staying at the Jumeirah hotel which only had one restaurant open so chose here to break it up a bit and its only a 5 minutes walk down the hill, we where so impressed we returned 3 times!! happy hour for cocktails between 6-7pm , lovely fresh fish and a great tapas to share .My partner had the prawns which where huge and lots of them , the sea bass was lovely and for lunch i had the date and bacon salad which i loved. Very good wine and the most amazing sunset to watch. We sat outside on the cliff edge looking out to sea , very romantic and really good prices, the prawn dish and i must say there where about 12 massive prawns that filled the plate was only 18 euros, i would thoroughly recommend this little find ..make sure you book as it gets busy as so good...enjoy :-)

1 Thank martineIow
Dublin
“Wonderful view”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We just had coffee and cake here so I can't comment really on the food but the apple cake was lovely. Friendly service and as everyone says amazing views. It's probably true that they don't try too hard as everyone is wowed by the scenery. Still, a remarkably lovely holiday experience.

1 Thank Dublin15chick