Esplendido Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Marina(Soller)
View Hotel
Hotel Minister(Port de Soller)
Hotel Eden(Soller)
  • Pool
Hotel Los Geranios(Port de Soller)
View Hotel
Aimia Hotel(Port de Soller)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
FERGUS Soller Beach(Port de Soller)
  • Beachfront
Es Port Hotel(Port de Soller)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea viewinfinity poolprivate beachwater bedsflip flopshear the waveshotel beachsister hotelterrace roomport sollerlovely hotelthe ground floorwatching the worlddifferent levelsspa arealarge terraceshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We combined 3 nights at the hotel with a week at a villa elsewhere on Majorca.

We had family room 327 which had plenty of room for the 4 of us (2 year old and 4 year old) and was well appointed. The food was really good, both dinner and the great breakfasts in the first floor dining room. Although the family pool was small the shallow end was easy to access and fun for my 2 year old to play in. My 4 year old liked the main pool as well as the shallow end although things can get a bit boisterous from time to time if lots of people are using the pool at once.The infinity pool has a calmer vibe and a great view across the bay.

The hotel beach is a missed opportunity. We only went there once as the stony shore, seaweed and slippery rocks are not good for children to play on. If you walk round to the left hand side of the bay the sand is much better, I'd say the hotel should try harder to make the beach area more appealing. When the repaving is complete at the front of the hotel that will make a difference too, but even so the bar and the balconies upstairs are great for chilling out with a drink and watching the world go by. I also like the individual, quirky touches in the hotel such as the room full of LPs, but I'd say the owner needs to get on to ebay and update his record collection!

Port Soller is a nice enough place to visit, but personally I prefer Pollensa, there is more to do there and better shopping, eating and people-watching opportunities.

Overall I really like this hotel, it's great for family holidays, plus it has plenty of sophisticated style for parents too. I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: 327 has a large sofa bed and enough room for a cot in a separate dressing room, so plenty of space for 2 young children.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We picked the Esplendido Hotel for its location, and were not disappointed. Stayed two nights -- we'd stay there again if in town in the future. We chose a room with a terrace (very large!) and had a great view of the harbor and the trams going by. The room was clean and spacious and rather modern in decoration. Had a fridge with complementary beer and waters. The breakfasts were good with decent coffee. Lots of good restaurants within a short walk. Parking was a 5 minute walk, and was free. The staff was very good, and made restaurant reservations for us. (We didn't have dinner in the hotel restaurant so can't comment except for breakfasts). The pool area was great - it is up the hill above the hotel, and has great views. There are also beach chairs and towels available for guests, with food and drink service.

Room Tip: It's worth getting a room with a terrace if available.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed for four nights in this hotel. Enjoyed every day & felt totally relaxed.

Fantastic location, close to everything.

Room good, felt clean & new. Our room had a little verandah which was perfect for a drink and reading a book in the afternoon. free minibar including beer which was a nice treat. Body products in bathroom excellent quality made with natural ingredients. Air conditioning good, cuts out automatically when outside door is open, Eco friendly.

Buffet breakfast fantastic. Great section of food with lots of healthy options including freshly made orange & grapefruit juice. Good selection of chid friendly food too. Only had food from the bistro for lunch. Wasnt exceptional, over priced but adeqate.

Pool was good, adults pool only available which was nice. Was so relaing to red my book on a lounge chair overlooking the sea, tough life. Deck chairs and towels available at beach outside hotel.

Gym facilities excellent, new modern equipment. Hardly anyone in the gym or spa, such a shame. Excellent facilities.

Great hotel for young families with toddler and babies. Some people might find lots of children tiresome, however, hotel caters for both couples and families very well.separate breakfast & pool available for adults.

Staff friendly & helpful.

Loved my stay, wish I could of stayed longer

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed for four nights in August with my daughter for her 25th birthday, a few days' total relaxation away from her busy job. The hotel was lovely and we enjoyed our sea-view room - no balcony, but we were able to fling the windows open and enjoy the sea views when we got up in the mornings and when getting ready for dinner. The adults-only pool was also delightful but would have been better still had parents not encouraged their children to join them there. Food was also very good and the quiet breakfast area down at street level was great for watching the morning comings and goings on the promenade. The spa would really come into it's own for low season holidays - we didn't want to spend a long time in doors, but it was very nice. My only criticism would be the slightly anti-social behaviour of some of the families who would leave towels on the loungers when they left the pool areas so no-one else could sit in the sun by the pool. Also a large number of free-range children who romped unchecked through this lovely hotel. However it was still very nice and we would come again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

If you are staying in Palma I recommend catching the old train to Soller & then the tram to the Port where the hotel is located. Soller & Port Soller are extremely charming little sleepy villages. This hotel I rate highest among the hotels I have ever stayed in. It was perfectly clean, quiet & just exactly what I was wanting (a restful relaxing mid week break). The pool is set on the mountain side behind the hotel that has a magical view across the bay of Port Soller. I couldn't fault the place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo