“Lovely setting for a honeymoon”
Review of Ca'n Quatre

Ca'n Quatre
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Soller
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here in August for our honeymoon. Llum had been extremely helpful during the preparations for our holiday, answering questions and helping to sort out a hire car.
We arrived in the afternoon and were shown to our room by one of the staff. We stayed in one of the garden suites which are set away from the main house. It had a sitting room as well as its own terrace which afforded views out towards the mountains.
The grounds are peaceful during the day, with plenty of cockerels nearby which will get you going in the morning! The pool is ideal for relaxing around, with lots of sunbeds to go around and towels provided on each.
Breakfast is a hearty affair which really sets you up for the day. A wide selection of hams, cheeses, fruit, pastries and cereal, with eggs cooked to order. We had the scrambled eggs several times and they were absolutely delicious! We haven't been able to recreate them since!
The best thing about breakfast has to be the freshly squeezed Soller Orange juice.
Lunch can be taken on the terrace by the pool, with a reasonable selection of food on offer. One is also able to have dinner, although this needs to be booked in the morning. We ate here one night and had a lovely fish main, with a salad starter and cake dessert.
It is a short 10 minute walk into the centre of Soller which offers many restaurants and bars around the main square, as well as a tram which will take you into Port de Soller.

There is wi-fi available in the main house, although this doesn't cover the garden rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Somewhere_in_the_UK

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at Ca'n Quatre with a group of friends in June. Llum was attentive, helpful, accommodating and kind. The grounds are stunning, the rooms are beautiful and the food is delicious. We all felt right at home there, from the moment we arrived and the impression continued throughout our stay. The location of the finca was also a convenient walk to the main street area of Soller and an easy trolley ride to Port de Soller (though I enjoyed walking to the port as well). All the staff was friendly and welcoming. Thank you, Llum and your staff for an unforgettable visit!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10 and loved the privacy that the room afforded. It was located in a separate buil...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MaryKatharine
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed six nights here and it really is very beautiful. We arrived both very stressed and Llum (owner/concierge) strives to make your stay as relaxing as possible. We stayed in a junior suite in the garden, it has it's own patio and lounge area and proved to be very private. The bed is enormous and very comfortable, we caught up on some much needed sleep! The pool is surrounded by palms and enough beds to go around, if a little on the small side. Breakfast is superb - fresh cheeses, ham still on the bone, fruit, cereal, pastries...and eggs cooked to your liking, seriously you could fill up for the day! The orange juice is freshly squeezed and constantly refilled - a perfect start to the day. We didn't take dinner here, so cannot comment, but Llum's partner has restaurant in Port Soller which is superb (see seperate entry for Nunu). Llum is fantastic - you only have to mention your plans for the day and she is on the phone organising it! Nothing is too much trouble.

Despite its perfection for us, there are a couple of things to note:- we would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room, though Llum has taken this on board and I expect they will be there next time we stay! Also, there is an adjoining rental property behind the garden suites (not associated with Can Quatre) and this was at times extremely noisy with children playin in the pool. Not something that can be rectified I know, but worth being aware of when booking.

If you choose to stay here, you will not regret it. I am writing this review by the pool waiting formy taxi to the airport and the only regret I have is we didn't stay longer. A very big thank you to Llum & Co.! X

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank SouthWestFoodies
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Given the few rooms Ca'n Quatre posses, I'd better keep the place secret if I want to increase the changes to get a booking next time I go to Majorca. But no, that won't work ;-).

Despite arriving right in the beginning of the most busy season of the year, our four-day stay at Ca'n Quatre was one of the most relaxing holidays I've had. There are so many things about this hotel that are just the way they should be. Let me explain:

Location
Ca'n Quatre is based in the picturesque town of Soller in the mountain range of western Majorca. You can reach Soller in less than 45 minutes from airport, however, you enter a different world compared to the somewhat run-down ressorts bording Palma. The hotel is located within the city limits so that you can walk to the market square where most of the restaurants are. However, the overall feel is that you are far off in the countryside.

Building and rooms
Ca'n Quatre is a lovely old finca that the owners keep in really good shape. A lush garden, an inviting swimming pool and a small restaurant belong to the property. We stayed at a room with terrace which, however, we rarely used. When outside, we spent most of the time in the garden by the pool.

Hospitality
Hospitality? They know how to spell that! Llum, who runs the place, is, in the best sense of the word, your host. You are not simply her customer, you are her guest. She takes good care of everyone, helps you to organise day trips, looks after you and makes sure you get a good table in the best restaurants in town. For the time of your stay it feels more that you are visiting the hazienda of this rich uncle you always wanted to have -- and not that you booked yourself into some establishment of the tourism industry.

Well, okay, Ca'n Quatre is not particularly cheap, especially during the high season, but still we felt that it was worth every cent.

In essence: a place I can warmly recommend - as long as there'll still be a room left for me when I want to return. And I will!

1  Thank BeenThereAlready_12
Reviewed 11 July 2012

After visiting Ca'n Quatre in 2011 we just had to go again, something I have never done in 30 years of travelling. Yet again we were thrilled with our holiday and have happily booked our 3rd trip in 8 weeks time!!!

It really is the most wonderful, relaxing and calm boutique hotel we have ever stayed in. The food is incredibly fresh, breakfast is served by excellent and happy staff and there is a wonderful choice, the orange juice is the best I have ever tasted. Fresh eggs cooked to your liking and served on the terrace overlooking the lovely garden and pool area.

I am also afraid to say the lunch was so good that we couldnt manage the 10 minute walk into town, caprese salad and a gin and tonic was such a treat.

The rooms are beautiful and very spacious, typical mallorcan decor but lots of light and wonderful fresh crisp bedlinen and towels, sitting on our private terrace with the back drop of mountains after a hard day relaxing by the pool was a pleasure.

Llum is such a wonderful host and gave us recommendations for dinner at some amazing places - Es Faro for the fresh fish and the views and NUNU for the amazing food and fantastic attentive service (this restaurant is owned by Llums husband), it was so good my mother visited 3 times in a week!!!!

This isnt a hotel in the traditional form....thank god!!!! Its a boutique hotel and very personal, they will look after you and make every effort to ensure you enjoy yourself and relax, however, if you want 24 hour concierge etc go stay elsewhere, but you really will be missing out.

It normally takes us 3 days to relax on holiday but at Ca'n Quatre we relax the minute the taxi pulls up at the door. The whole experience is worth every single penny and probably a bit more.

I shall look forward to our next visit in August and I am already counting the days. Thank you so much to Llum and her excellent team.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional but we like room 3 for the views of the garden and the mountains
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I booked the entire facility for a women's event. Everything about our holiday at Ca'n Quatre exceeded my expectations. Every room was beautiful. The gardens were lovely and serene. The food was delicious- very fresh, local and excellently prepared.

Llum and her staff fell all over themselves to make our stay perfect. I wish I'd have appreciated Llum's thoughtfulness, knowledge and expertise earlier as I was planning the trip as it would have saved me a lot of time and fuss. She was spot-on with all of her recommendations for restaurants and activities. In fact, she thought of many details and arrangements that weren't even on my radar- a bit like a wedding coordinator is to a wedding.

Ca'n Quatre feels like the family run business that it is. It creates a homeyness that really put us all into closer touch with the local culture and made us feel like honored members of an extended family. We actually spent a lot more time at the finca than I imagined we would, in part because it was just such a warm, welcoming place.

In response to other less enthusiastic reviewers, I would say that Ca'n Quatre is a great place if you want to get closer to Mallorcan culture, enjoy gorgeous, authentic, local Mallorcan food and connect with people. If a very private, hotel-like experience is what you're expecting, this wouldn't be the right fit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed for a week, and we had a very nice holiday. Soller is fantastic and we definitely wish to return. We will probably look for a different hotel next time though.

It was nice and booking here definitely isn't a disaster - but I think there are some things you should know before doing so:

- lunch - we were told lunch was served every day. There is a menu behind reception which looks really good. One day mid stay we wanted to have lunch here - but we couldn't find anybody to ask. We kept leaving the sunbeds to go in and look for staff to ask for lunch, but there was nobody about. After an hour of popping in every 10 mins or so, we gave up and walked into Soller, which we hadn't wanted to do. On the last day, we did find somebody and asked if we could order lunch. She did not speak English and could not understand - fair enough, I'm in a different country and it is my fault my Spanish is not good. We went and got a menu, brought it back and pointed at one of the dishes, with a polite smile and pour favor, but were told (in English - was before just convenient to not understand?) that they did not have anything, but she could make us a bagette. So why is there a delicious sounding lunch menu, when they don't have any of it?
- Llum is great - but she is only there in the morning. So if you want to ask anything in the afternoon or evening, you can't. She leaves her mobile number, but we felt embarrassed to call for anything less than an emergency, so didn't - not a stress we want on holiday. Maybe others wouldn't feel like this, but if you would, then you are basically alone for most of the holiday.

The positive - a nice room, a very pretty finca and a nice peaceful atmosphere. We had dinner one night and this was very nice. However, we did feel that for the prices a slightly more professional approach was needed - I love rustic, and don't like a conventional hotel, but felt this was a slightly amateur, B&B type approach - which is great, if you charge B&B prices - but they don't.

2  Thank kfljrw
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Hola,

I´m sorry if you feel that the price you payed was overpriced... We try hard to give all our guest a very wellcome, quality and friendly service, and of course we will try to make it always better.

But about lunch I´m sorry I don´t agree, we have lunch service daily 13 to 15 pm.If you would like to eat later than this time we prepared for you a baguette ( the kitchen was closed after 15) so if we prepare that for you out of the kitchen time, please don´t expect to have the Menu.

I´m at the hotel daily 08 to 15, after this time there it´s a waiter until 23.00 at night

Very Best Regards