We stayed for 6 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment (2 adults and 2 kids). Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would have no problem recommending it - but with some caveats which are worth being aware of.
- Frendly and helpful staff (in particular Marilo, who was very welcoming and cheerful)
- Attractive accommodation with high quality fixtures and fittings
- The whole place was spotlessly clean and very well maintained
- It's a short walk to the main town with facilities, but sufficient distance that it feels slightly rural and sheltered
- Baiona itself is a very nice town, with plenty to see and do
- Wi-Fi reception was haphazard and inconsistent, which was a frustration as we normally use an iPad for connectivity and keeping kids entertained
- Finding the place in a car requires negotiation of a number of very narrow and confusing side streets - easy to get lost and I regularly had to reverse through narrow, windy lanes which were too small to let traffic past. If you have any worries about driving in these circumstances then (a) get good directions, and (b) plan to leave the car parked for the duration of your stay!
- The apartments are quite close to a lot of farms and we found animal noise - in particular a noisy cockerel - awoke us quite early in the mornings - this is either charming or annoying, depending on whether you want a lie-in!
- We were surprised that wine glasses were not provided - while the juice glasses were perfectly functional, with such beautiful wine to sample it was a shame not to have proper glasses to enjoy it in!
- The pool is c4ft depth all around and has no shallow end, so if you have very small kids then you may find they are not able to use it without full supervision
All in all though this is a good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ababides Apartments are distributed in two stone buildings: a newly restored century-old and one newly built. Located within an estate of about 3,000 square meters with a garden and ample parking, combine the tranquility offered by the field with the proximity to the center of Bayonne and its beaches, where only 250 meters between us and 700 meters respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Apartamentos Ababides reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.