LeSept Apartments are a wonderful home away from home in lovely Galicia. The apartments are very modern and have had no expense spared from the electric blinds and windows to the top quality linens. We stayed in apartment 7 for a week with 2 adults and 2 children (10 and 8) and it had plenty of space for us all. We also had an outdoor patio with table and chairs and hug sun umbrella. The apartment, complex and pool away spotlessly clean and we often had the pool to ourselves at the end of the day.
Martin and Edna looked after us very well and supplied a fabulous breakfast every morning in the communal breakfast room. Nothing was too much trouble and it was really like being in a hotel rather than self catering as Edna came in every day to make the beds and tidy up!
There were a few cons which whilst not detracting from the fabulousness of the apts might be of interest to others:
1. The apartments are open plan - this was in the description but is worth highlighting as it meant that although the kids were a few steps down from the lounge area and we were a few steps up, we couldn't sit with the light on in the lounge once they had gone to bed.
2. The kitchen is a really neat large cupboard and although has a two ring hob, microwave and fridge, it's not really possible to cook. Thee are plates, mugs etc but you wouldn't want to rely on eating in more than once or twice. It would have been great to have had a BBQ but there wasn't one supplied. There's plenty of bars and restaurants in Baiona anyway.
3. The apartments are up a hill outside of Baiona so a car is a must. We had to drive to go out for dinner each night.
It's also worth noting that although you can book direct on their web site, if you're travelling from the UK the apartments are bookable via Brittany Ferries for 3 nights or more travelling via Santander or Bilbao. It works out cheaper this way and you can take a few days travelling there and back and so see more of Spain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is something missing in paradise“A dream refuge to recover one's strength”When you are living on the edge of paradise, every day is an experience rich in new pleasures. LeSept is not designed to compete with one of the most beautiful surroundings in the world: it is a complement for travelers to recover their strength and ensure their wellbeing and privacy after a cascade of sensations in the Rías Baixas.LeSept are seven apartments located in a private enclosure with 5,500 square metres of gardens and marvellous views over Baiona Bay and Ria de Vigo, where you can enjoy a unique experience.Its facilities are conceived to disconnect and rest in complete privacy. It has a swimming pool, tree-shaded spots and a parking area. On the ground floor of the main building is the reception, a lounge with a breakfast area and a TV room. The only thing you will not find in LeSept is the bustle and crowds of the outside world. ... more less