“Lukewarm Lunch” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ramblers Bar & Candleroom
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Glenridding
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Candleroom is a brand new addition to Rambler's Bar. This bright and lofty, oak beamed room features a stunning glass frontage offering views to the fells and beyond. With an eclectic mix of modern and traditional furnishing, upholstered in beautifully co-ordinated fabrics, large custom made pendants and church candle lights hanging from the rafters giving this room a fantastic atmosphere. In Ramblers, sit by the log burner with a pint of real ale and enjoy hearty food; the perfect combination after a day on the fells or a drive out in the car. Ramblers Bar & Candleroom, situated in the grounds of the Inn on the Lake, offers a relaxed and cosy atmosphere in which to enjoy all this as well as great hospitality and friendly conversation. This typical Lakeland pub loved by locals and visitors alike, is an ideal spot to stop in the summer months when you can enjoy al fresco dining on the terrace. Or in winter sit by the log burner and devour a hearty meal such as the full flavour of the hiker’s chicken & mushroom pie, fell bred lamb rack, delicious beef casserole and dumplings or the Jennings Beer Battered fish. Throughout the year there are a variety of theme nights including live music and summer BBQ’s, festive lunches and more.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lukewarm Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ordered soup and home-made bread for lunch which arrived very quickly. Unfortunately the soup was lukewarm and the bread quite stale. I asked the waiter to reheat the soup which came back hot but didn't return or eat the bread. My sister though, enjoyed her ham sandwich and chips that day. We went the following day and we both ordered exactly the same meals. Once again the soup was lukewarm which had to be returned to heat up. The small portion of bread although not stale this time was definitely tasteless. The chips for my sister's meal were presented just slightly warm, she ate them but was unhappy. The real ale was lovely.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Great service and food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Walked down here for pint and food.
Eclectic menu, great quality, lovely service from friendly bar staff

Visited July 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Family pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

A nice selection of meals available in a family friendly pub - plenty of staff which always helps. The food was good quality and did not take long to arrive on the table. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark W
“Another great trip to the lakes! And a fine meal at the ramblers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I visit the lakes every year and this is my second meal at the ramblers since my last visit! It was great to see that everything was still five stars!

I had the chicken ceaser salad and I loved it The chicken was cooked perfectly. The food was great, but I would also like to give a mention to the staff who were fantastic in helping me with any of my needs. I would also like to raise a mention to the value for money because the hearty portions were just perfect after my Glenridding to Howtown walk!

I can't wait to come back again next year!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Me and my wife took a wonderful walk up the fells and the Ramblers was the perfect way to wind down - relaxed, kind staff with smiles and charm, we were welcomed straight away as we walked in.

The food was delicious, my Ploughman's salad was beautifully presented and my wife's pasta (which I had to steal a little of) was just delicious, but everything I saw coming out of the kitchen looked great and the menu's choices spoiled us a little! Great value for money, great evening meal.

Some of these reviews seem a little harsh to me, and perhaps it's because only those who had a disappointing night were the ones to think 'I'm off to Trip Advisor', whereas those who enjoyed the experience of the Ramblers were satisfied enough not to bother - to me it's as though this website is used more for complaints than actual reviews.

Nonetheless, great meal, great day, great night! Loved everything about the village and this bar really topped off a wonderful day.