“Very nice lunch”

Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Glenridding
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The Candleroom is a brand new addition to Rambler's Bar. This bright and lofty, oak beamed room features a stunning glass frontage offering views to the fells and beyond. With an eclectic mix of modern and traditional furnishing, upholstered in beautifully co-ordinated fabrics, large custom made pendants and church candle lights hanging from the rafters giving this room a fantastic atmosphere. In Ramblers, sit by the log burner with a pint of real ale and enjoy hearty food; the perfect combination after a day on the fells or a drive out in the car. Ramblers Bar & Candleroom, situated in the grounds of the Inn on the Lake, offers a relaxed and cosy atmosphere in which to enjoy all this as well as great hospitality and friendly conversation. This typical Lakeland pub loved by locals and visitors alike, is an ideal spot to stop in the summer months when you can enjoy al fresco dining on the terrace. Or in winter sit by the log burner and devour a hearty meal such as the full flavour of the hiker’s chicken & mushroom pie, fell bred lamb rack, delicious beef casserole and dumplings or the Jennings Beer Battered fish. Throughout the year there are a variety of theme nights including live music and summer BBQ’s, festive lunches and more.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Visited here during a day trip with my partner and we really enjoyed our lunch. It was a lovely sunny day so we sat outside on the decking whch was a clean and tidy area. I ordered the tuna mayo sandwich and chips which was really nice and my bf had the fish and chips which he said was very good. Overall we really liked the Ramblers bar, staff were friendly and service was very good. We couldn't find anything to complain about!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

After walking as a family of 5 around ullswater this seemed a nice place to eat.the table was sticky from the previous eaters, the barmaid was clumsy and tripping over things and the food was average and very overpriced. Never again for me I'm afraid

1  Thank Justabigeate
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We ordered gammon and chips which was ok but not really worth the price of £13.95. I would expect a nicer choice of quality seasonal vegetables not just peas at that price. Pot of tea for two overpriced at £5.30. Good selection on menu but mostly all pricey even for this area. The bar looked attractive and colourful from outside and the staff were very pleasant and friendly. Sticky tables and menus bit off-putting. Will probably not revisit.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my family ordered food a 6pm.
Food came it was tasteless, hard,burnt chips, stead was vinegary, salmon nicotine was terrible.
Bar men were both very arrogant and the chef was flicking waitress with a towel. Waited 35 minutes for a meal which is better described as a circus.
Reported to Gm Gary but he does not give too hoots so will go higher then again what's the point.
Food overall in lakes is very poor.
Be a while before I go to the lake district .
Later learnt this is a 5 star 2 rosette hotel what a joke and I'm in the industry ......

2  Thank Alan H
manageriotl, General Manager at Ramblers Bar & Candleroom, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Alan

It is a shame about this review but I'm not surprised that you left a negative review. You sent me a rude email to which I replied and apologised for what you say you experienced. As your someone in the industry I was somewhat disappointed with the fact you said nothing at the time ate your meal left and two days later demand your money back. I take on board the chips were over cooked but to exaggerate everything else to make a point then send such an email when on the evening I would of gladly replaced the meal or refunded without a problem, we had no other issues on that busy evening. You then go on to say I don't give two hoots when I sent you an apologetic email offering you and your family a discount on your next visit. The Ramblers isn't rosette rated and has normal pub fayre for people who would like something plainer to eat.
Your attitude was obviously I haven't got what I want so I will hurt you by placing a review on this site.
I will leave it at that
Kind regards

Gary Wilson

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ordered soup and home-made bread for lunch which arrived very quickly. Unfortunately the soup was lukewarm and the bread quite stale. I asked the waiter to reheat the soup which came back hot but didn't return or eat the bread. My sister though, enjoyed her ham sandwich and chips that day. We went the following day and we both ordered exactly the same meals. Once again the soup was lukewarm which had to be returned to heat up. The small portion of bread although not stale this time was definitely tasteless. The chips for my sister's meal were presented just slightly warm, she ate them but was unhappy. The real ale was lovely.