This was our 6 th time that we have stayed at this wonderful, relaxing,peaceful, haven.
The food is excellence itself, and so well presented on the plate its almost a shame to eat it.
but when you do without exception soooo delicious,and beautifully cooked, you want to relax enjoy and savour every mouthful...
The staff also without exception are a joy,and so attentive to your every need,they go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
On this visit we decided to go a run to Pooley Bridge with our Sports Car, on the way we encountered flood water on the road coming off the hillside,and a lorry coming the other way drenched us just at that moment , which killed the engine.
My Husband as well as calling our breakdown cover service, also called the hotel and told them what had happened,and they immediately said they would send someone out to get us...
While we were waiting one of the young waiters from Inn On The Lake, who was out for a run with his girlfriend was travelling in the opposite direction and spotted our car,stopped and invited us to sit in the warmth of their car while we waited.in fact they stayed there with my husband for 3hours until our breakdown service arrived,
meanwhile the hotel sent transport from I.O.T.L. came and took me back to the Hotel....
When the breakdown service came they could not take the car immediately as they were so busy that day,and arranged to pick the keys up at the hotel and which turned out to be 8 hours from the time we had broken down
Had it not been for the wonderful, caring, and thoughtful staff at Inn On the Lake, It would have been dreadful for us, as my husband in waiting for heart surgery......
And as if that was not enough !!! Reception went out of their way to get us booked on a train back home so we could pick up our other car.and the hotel manager ran us to Penrith station for the train.
He told us If he had known before we booked the train, he would have offered to have run us to our home 90 miles away to collect our car.....
This Standard of Service is only matched by the Standard of Excellence of this Hotel, and it is hard to imagine where else we would have had the same caring and consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District