We are very local to the Inn on the Lake, Ullswater and have always gone there for afternoon tea, evening dinner etc and always found it to be really good.
My wife and I have just had our first child (4 weeks old) combined with it being my birthday we wanted to go somewhere fairly local for my birthday and also test out how our little girl would get along on her first trip....
We booked two nights in one of the new "Feature Lake Rooms"
We met my parents for afternoon tea on the day that we arrived and sat in the new "Orangery" which was simply stunning.
Our room was amazing, it really is of a 5* standard and the views are simply stunning. Living local we sometimes take the views for granted, but it is like something off a postcard (room 43)
The staff at the Inn on the Lake are so helpful, Gary the manager has a team to be proud of! So often these days service can be so hit and miss but all the staff at the Inn on the Lake have a genuine pride in there work and a genuine pride in wanting to provide an exceptional service.
Thankyou Gary and also pass on our thanks to your team. In particular we found the food to be excellent and the restuarant staff to be exceptional. They really looked after all three of us and our little 4 week old daughter was really calm and slept so well.
We will see you very very soon and hope to book our Christening party at the Inn on the Lake.
Thankyou again so much for what was a wonderful stay,
Christian, Annie and Isla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District