We do not normally take the time to write reviews about hotels and holidays but we feel our experience at Inn on the Lake warrants an exception.
My wife and I together with our little dog Lily visited the Inn on the Lake on 07-May-2014 for a two night stay.
The hotel looked fantastic as we arrived, even in the rain!
We were met by the receptionist who could not have been more helpful. (Sorry we didn't get the ladies name) but she made a complete fuss of Lily every time she saw her!
We had a fell view room which was lovely and came complete with a doggy basket and bowl, which we thought was a nice touch
We were informed, and rightly so that dogs were not allowed in the main restaurant but were allowed to be left in the bedroom whilst we ate.
Lily is normally very good so we decided to eat in the restaurant down stairs. 20 minutes later whilst having a pre dinner glass of wine we were informed by reception that Lily was barking. (Sorry to surrounding rooms). As dogs were not allowed in the restaurant we prepared to eat room service. The staff would have none of this and offered to look after Lily behind the reception whilst we ate or they would set us up a table in the Orangery. We chose the latter and had a wonderful meal with views of the lake and Lily asleep under the table.
The staff and in particular Darren and Jackson could not do enough for us. They even set a table for us for breakfast both mornings to accommodate our needs.
Overall the hotel is really impressive and 1415140262the staff are so friendly they really are a credit to this hotel and if you are thinking of visiting the lake district with or without a dog I would highly recommend this hotel, we will most definitely be coming back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District