My wife and I were part of the National Geographic hiking tour mentioned in the review titled “Loud drunks and a helicopter training school at a hotel in paradise”. The writer of that review is absolutely correct - don't take a room on the side of the hotel facing Ramblers Bar. The party was loud and lasted well past midnight. As in the case of the writer, my wife and I hiked all day then were able to get a little over five hours sleep.
I find the manager's response interesting to say the least. The evening in question was noisy and disruptive. To my knowledge, the management did nothing to mitigate the situation. While the wait staff and receptionists were helpful and courteous, upper management left me with an impression of arrogance.
With everything said, the hotel is set in a beautiful, picturesque location. It is clean and the rooms are serviceable. The primary shortcoming is an outdoor bar adjacent to one side of the building. If you make sure to avoid rooms overlooking the bar, it is probably a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District