I really love complimenting people, places, experiences etc, but this really is like Groundhog Day!!!
When we first started coming to IOTL, there were often mixed reviews from others. We have always had five star experiences, and would genuinely have reported otherwise.
While I think things have got better, ie, room refurbishments, the downstairs decorations, the Orangery etc, the staff have always been the same, absolutely fantastic.
Gary and his team have seen and heard it all, and dealt with it accordingly.
While all the reviews are subjective, there are a number of things that run through and through this organisation.
The main one is Gary's fairness, and ability to deal with everything that's thrown at him.
What really bugs him is people getting all the way home before raising any form of complaint. By then of course, it's too late.
Having said that, we've never had to complain, just compliment, and doesn't he love that!
People rarely say thank you face to face, or even by email later. I always do, and when you goo back to that place, they remember the positivity much more than the negative.
This stay was once again fantastic, made even better by the Hotel arranging for glorious weather. The day before it was raining, and the day after it was too, So thanks for that!
In fact, can you guys please arrange for the clouds to part on the two weekends we have booked for next year..........!
Can't wait for it to come round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District