“Fantastic hotel in an amazing location”
Review of Inn on the Lake

Inn on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glenridding
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have very little to say - a lovely hotel and the location and views of Lake Ulleswater are amazing. Perhaps a little expensive but the best things do not come cheap.

I have no criticism to offer of the hotel itself! - we were only able to book 1 night as the hotel was fully booked - now I know why and will book earlier next time as a few days would be nice.

We had a lovely stay - food was fantastic - best breakfast of the 3 top end hotels we stayed at this week. The room was large and very pleasant although there was noise during the day from an extractor fan - this was turned off before bedtime. Only criticism is that I did not get a sympathetic response when I approached reception about this (we had come for peace and quiet which was available in abundance but not in our room - this was amply supplied everywhere else though and we only used the room for sleeping) - see room advice below.

My view is your hotel is great and that is praiseworthy but I did just get a little hint of smuggness about being so good from a couple of staff. It would be ashame if a wrong attitude led to the start of the end for a good thing!

Thanks for a lovely stay and looking forward to returning soon. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Friendlyman1

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beautifully located right on the shores of Ullswater with rolling lawns and beautifully kept gardens . Within minutes of the Ullswater steamer pier. Staff friendly and helpful. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the lake which was a wonderful place to sit and just take in the view. The public areas were very spacious and sumptuously decorated but if I am honest the decor wasn't really in my style. Our only real issue was the size of our otherwise lovely bedroom which was tiny, with the diddiest little wardrobe I have ever come across, and a matching tiny but beautifully appointed bathroom. We were staying for 4 nights and found this a bit of a problem - for an overnight or weekend stay this bedroom would be perfect, especially with the fantastic balcony. I would be happy to warmly recommend this hotel but maybe not for me again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

my husband and i went 2 inn on the lake 3rd july 4 2 days. what a fantastic hotel. had a lovelly room looking over the gardens. weather fab. hotel breakfst excellent evening meal very very gud indeed. catered for gluten free meals. staff wonderful from reception to laundry staffs. restaurant staff excellent so relaxing. lots of places to eat and drink. recommend the travellers rest very gud for food and drinks plenty of places to walk. we had such a lovelly time.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 15 lovelly looked over gardens nice verandah
2  Thank barbara s
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped off for lunch as the views from Hotel looked magnificent .
We had lovely Posh ploughmans
Everything was perfect .
Looks like a place we would enjoy staying for a short break .
Worth a visit .
Lake and mountain views 360 degrees .
Great spot to base yourself for Lake Land adventures

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed at the inn last weekend we were guests at a wedding, it was absolutely great, l thought the rooms were overpriced until we arrived there, they were worth every penny and more, l can not wait to go back, l would recommend to anyone, and if they managed to find anything wrong they are nit picking. Just go and try it for yourself.

Room Tip: No tip needed they are all good
1  Thank jean c
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After a day walking round Ullswater we decided to see if we could find a room locally, and popped into this hotel expecting a price well above our budget. We were pleasantly surprised to be offered such a reasonable price for a large room with a fantastic lake view. Usually we would go out to explore the local area, but instead we found it worthwhile to take full advantage of the views, and the hotel pitch and putt.
The service was very good, and we enjoyed a hearty breakfast with a good choice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon V
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We got married here almost 3 weeks ago and I have to say that after initially being disappointed at having to pay for our wedding menu tasting (nearly all other places have this included), I was completely blown away by the day itself. I picked this hotel because of it's beautiful location which I knew was always going to be a hit, but on the day the smooth organisation, friendly staff, excellent food and service made it what it was which was perfect!
Jonathan one of the managers put me completely at ease and was lovely and well organised! All the staff in the restaurant were great, the bartenders, and reception too were especially great for looking after my parents in law's dog!!
We are looking forward to coming back here for our first anniversary and probably trying one of the very nice looking afternoon teas that kept going past me!!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Heidi C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenridding
Applegarth Villa and Restaurant
Storrs Hall
Storrs Hall
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
The Daffodil Hotel & Spa

Been to Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!