I have very little to say - a lovely hotel and the location and views of Lake Ulleswater are amazing. Perhaps a little expensive but the best things do not come cheap.
I have no criticism to offer of the hotel itself! - we were only able to book 1 night as the hotel was fully booked - now I know why and will book earlier next time as a few days would be nice.
We had a lovely stay - food was fantastic - best breakfast of the 3 top end hotels we stayed at this week. The room was large and very pleasant although there was noise during the day from an extractor fan - this was turned off before bedtime. Only criticism is that I did not get a sympathetic response when I approached reception about this (we had come for peace and quiet which was available in abundance but not in our room - this was amply supplied everywhere else though and we only used the room for sleeping) - see room advice below.
My view is your hotel is great and that is praiseworthy but I did just get a little hint of smuggness about being so good from a couple of staff. It would be ashame if a wrong attitude led to the start of the end for a good thing!
Thanks for a lovely stay and looking forward to returning soon. I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn on the Lake Hotel ia a 4 star hotel that enjoys one of the most spectacular settings in the Lake District in 15 acres of grounds with lawns sweeping to the shores of Lake Ullswater. The Inn on the Lake is only 12 miles from the M6 motorway and the drive is very dramatic with the road curving around the Lake and the backdrop scenery of the fells. There are 47 en-suite bedrooms, all thoughtfully designed with most rooms having breathtaking views, some looking towards the magnificent Helvellyn mountain range, while the majority look over the ever changing Ullswater. Each room is fully equipped with everything you come to expect in this quality 4 star hotel. For that special occasion upgrade to a superior room or one of the very popular, stunning four-poster bedrooms. From the moment you walk into reception you will find an interior that compliments this fabulous setting. This leads through to the popular Lounge Bar where a warm welcome awaits with large bay windows overlooking the well landscaped gardens, which lead to the hotels jetties on Ullswater. Enjoy a drink any time of the day, a light lunch or afternoon tea in the Lounge or on our Lakeside terrace. The award-winning 2 AA Rosette Lake View Restaurant provides something for all tastes, or for less formal dining The Ramblers Bar, situated within the hotel’s grounds, offers the option to enjoy a pint of real ale. The hotel also has its own outdoor activities including pitch & putt, croquet and children's outdoor play area. Gary and his team at The Inn on the Lake Hotel look forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Lake Hotel Glenridding
- Inn On The Lake Ullswater
- Inn On The Lake Glenridding, Lake District