“Dated but good value”

Add it.
Jedforest Deer & Farm Park
Ranked #15 of 18 things to do in Jedburgh
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We visited here a few weeks ago. The park is very run down - it is closing soon though. The bird of prey section run by Gary is worth the entry money alone though. The displays are only on at certain times during the day though - very educational and interactive. Loads of other farm animal too. Not sure it's suitable for younger kids though. Difficult and hard terrain.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went here recently with my family. The whole place looked pretty run down. No signs telling what the unkempt creature on display was. Badly kept pathways- just trailing through mud. My kids did like the deer, but otherwise quite disappointing. Freezing cold water in the toilets did not make my kids happy to wash their hands. I've just visited their website and it seems they've been shut down by the HSE. Not too surprising given the state of the place.

3  Thank GuruAL
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with our visit today. The place looks very scruffy and very run down. I believe today was the first opening of the year but by the looks of it no preperation was done for the new season with the wooden walk ways in the woods missing sections and paths cluttered with branches. The adventure play area in the woods is horrendous and unfit for kids, the mini tractors were broken and old (but still left out for play) and the main play area should also be deemed unfit for use with parts missing or doctored up to prolong there life. All in all we stayed for just over an hour, with a large part of this spent queuing for the pony ride!

2  Thank GN1978
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Went whilst on holiday with my family and the first thing that caught my attention was the amount of cockerels living together!!! As a keen hen poultry keeper, most of the chickens could not see properly with sticky dirty eyes, one hen had been so badly mated with that all her feathers had been pulled out, I'm convinced the disease could have been coccidiousis!!! The living conditions of the chickens was disgusting!!! The park area itself was not too bad, except the bird area where the cages were was also filthy! The forest play area has a lot of broken bits, and it was very slippy, we do have a couple of nice photos of the 1 free range deer we seen.

1  Thank Chivv
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Visited her 3 weeks ago, the last time we visited being 15 years ago so thought it would be good to go and see what was new!! when we got there we found nothing was new, it had not changed in 15 years other than things being dilapidated, kids play areas with nails sticking through, climbing frames with netting ripped had been repaired badly to the point that my 3 year old grand children's feet with their shoes on were going straight through, defiantly a health hazard. Lack of hand washing facilities, too be honest if I were the owner of this I would be genuinely embarrassed at the standard of the place, 1 word of advise keep driving past and do not stop. You will be very disappointed.

1  Thank AJAY40