“Gorgeous little B&B, very accommodating.”
Review of Airenlea

Airenlea
Ranked #3 of 17 Jedburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed at Airenlea recently and what a lovely weekend we spent in Scotland. There was a lot of choice but after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to stay here. The room was spotless and the bed so comfy. Very modern and clean bathroom, looked like it had been recently refurbished. The breakfast was excellent, as good as if not better than I've had in big hotels. I don't drink cow's milk so brought my own almond milk (which I always do). Amanda, the owner of the B&B, was very accommodating and kept it in the fridge for me then gave it back to me on checkout in a plastic bag so it didn't leak! All in all a fantastic weekend spend at Airenlea, would highly recommend. (I think the reviewer below must have stayed in a different B&B!)

Room Tip: We paid extra to stay in the family room for more space, the ensuite bathroom is amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathalie_1983_M

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Checkout 10am on a SUNDAY morning?!

I stayed here with my partner for one night. Hostess was completely disinterested from the word go. Two days before our stay we had filled in a form via the booking website (asking us for any special requirements) informing them that I didn't eat meat and would like a vegetarian breakfast. Shouldn't be a major problem in this day and age you would think. The morning we left the 'hostess' apologised to my partner (but not me, whose breakfast it was) saying they weren't available anywhere nearby and we hadn't given her enough notice to drive the 15 miles to Tesco to get some. Later that same morning my partner and I were shopping in the high street 5 mins away and lo and behold...a whole selection of veg and frozen sausages at her local Co-op. She clearly could not be bothered. We paid £80 for a rubbish breakfast indifferently cooked and poorly served . The Full English looked like it had survived a nuclear winter. This represents such poor value for money and there are plenty of other good options nearby. Tiny bed, dirty towels and hair in the sink. Ugh. Avoid and spend your money elsewhere. And get over yourself with the 10am checkout.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Boxerscott, Owner at Airenlea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Baffiidi Gaffi. Despite what you say, you made this booking at 11pm on a Friday for arrival on the Saturday. We do not advertise that we cater for vegetarians. We have enough choices on our breakfast menu for our guests that do follow this diet and I think you would be hard pushed to find "vegetarian sausages" even on a Hotel menu. You made a request when you made the booking for a double bed yet you used both the beds in the room and chose to sleep in the single bed. I would NOT use towels if they were dirty yet I noticed that you managed to use all of them. You came down for breakfast 30 minutes after our last breakfast is served. No apology, and anytime I tried to engage with you I was ignored. In fact you didn't even speak to your partner. A 10am check out is standard with other B&B's in the area. I find it hard to accept that 2 adults can leave such devastation behind especially as the room has been recently refurbished to a high standard. So disrespectful. Other Hoteliers/ B&B owners be warned.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Having booked a last minute stay whilst travelling on business I am pleased to say that I found a little gem in Airenlea, Jedburgh. All round excellent stay. Lovely surroundings, great nights kip, great breakfast and lovely people. Could do with a bit more space for parking but other than that, flawless.
Thoroughly recommend to anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay here, Jedburgh is a fine town and the room was comfortable and well-appointed. we chose to stay in the room without en-suite so we could have a view across to the abbey, possible in winter but when the trees are in leaf it will be more obscured. There was a slight disturbance from woodworking noise during the evening but nothing worrying and when can you catch up with the chores in a B&B other than wintertime? The breakfast was just right for me in terms of quantity (not too much so restraint was easy) and the homemade jams were fantastic - as was the breakfast room. Great advice on how to walk into town too. Slightly tricky parking space but just relax and take your time, Jedburgh feels like that kind of place. Excellent value too.

Room Tip: Good views in the room at the front when the leaves have fallen.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Airenlea over New Year while visiting family. Our room was beautiful and in a great location. The owners were very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was lovely and I would say overall our stay was very good value for money and very enjoyable. It's in a great location for the town centre too.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stopped at Airenlea on our way down south. We could not fault it. We had a spacious room with double and single bed which had great views across to Jedburgh town centre. It had a luxurious en-suite bathroom. They have another double room with its own private bathroom, and twin room with en suite. It was an easy 5-10 minute walk to the town. We had a good night's sleep and it was quiet even for a Saturday night. The breakfast was very nice. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this B& B for anyone who wants to stay in a classy establishment.
We had a lovely room, not ensuite but we had the exclusive use of a lovely spacious bathroom.
Free wi-fi.
There were robes supplied to cover your modesty.
Breakfast was from a choice of cereals, yoghurts, fruit and cooked.
Amanda very welcoming and helped us with pointing out the towns various eateries.
Try to book a restaurant in advance as we were turned away from 4 as they were full. We eventually ate at the Spreadeagle which was nice but lacking atmosphere.
It is within walking distance to the town.
One point they only accept cash, no cards.
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple