“Beautiful place”
Review of English Inn

English Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My father was visiting from ontario so we came here for a couple of days. It's a gorgeous property in a very quiet neighbourhood. The staff is friendly, our room is nice even if its not the one we'd booked.

They don't have much to eat here, just a few little pub snacks. The Internet in our room didn't work. The tub didn't get cleaned! There were 4 flights of stairs to get to the room, so maybe not great if you're not mobile.

None of that matters that much though, it's a gorgeous unique property that I would recommend!

Room Tip: Be aware of the stairs! Ask for lower room?
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for English Inn

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have stayed in this Shakespearean period Inn 35 years ago and it was magical then and so romantic. You walk around the grounds and it is an experience that sets your mind into a relaxing mood and the interior has all the charm and elegance for a really wonderful stay. We enjoyed the morning breakfast each day and the view from our room was breathtaking. The main experience was we had privacy and could enjoy our rest quietly or watch the modern flat screen or just sit on our deck high above the courtyard and look towards the Olympics Mountains with the snow covered peaks. We are recommending that you give this a try and feel you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Hotel may be a short drive or taxi ( 10 minutes or 15 ) from Victoria Harbor but worth it. Quiet nei...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I came here with my boyfriend for a mini vacation last weekend and it was fabulous. Immediately upon our arrival the staff was very helpful. Our room had a beautiful view and was exceptionally clean. The restaurant was the perfect setting for a romantice dinner, and the continental breakfast was an added bonus. I highly recommend this hotel! The service was great and so was the price!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn based on the recommendation of a friend and came away believers! It is a beautiful building with a lot of rustic character yet still all the modern amenities. The scenery and gardens in the area are absolutely gorgeous and the location is convenient enough to Victoria but tucked away so there is no disruption from the late night downtown crowd. Staff was all very friendly and welcoming as well. Over all excellent value for your money!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I recently visited this hotel and had a wonderful experience. The staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the location was perfect. I stayed here with my family and we had a great time. The value of the hotel was worth it. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This place is rich with history! The service was great, everything was clean and very comfortable.
The room was beautifully furnished and very bright.
We watched a deer from our window and could hear the birds in the morning. If you are a nature lover this place is a must!
The building itself is stunning. My partner minored in architecture at Carleton University and he loved exploring the English Inn building- we found ourselves admiring the beautiful stained glass windows in the lounge.
I definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The Estate Room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucia L
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I spent a year in Victoria as a teenager so I was familiar with the appeal it had to tourists during the spring and summer seasons. Unlike the flashy hotels you find in major cities, people tend to seek leisure in Victoria for it's traditional English style and stunning natural beauty. Upon arriving at the English Inn for a weekend visit from the mainland, I was pleasantly surprised to find a Victorian-style lodging surrounded by lush green gardens and charming stone pathways. Our room was more than spacious and the furniture was elegant and antiquated - a nice touch for a romantic getaway. If you're traveling with family and value space and tranquility, I highly recommend the English Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Aaron T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Fairfield
Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 49 in Victoria
Inn at Laurel Point
#11 of 49 in Victoria

Been to English Inn? Share your experiences!