“Beautiful ambience for private events”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of English Inn

English Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Victoria, Canada
“Beautiful ambience for private events”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

My brother and sister in law were married at the English Inn in 2009. They are now expecting their first baby so I thought what a great location to celebrate this new life. I contacted the English Inn to ask about renting the Rosemeade Dining Room for a baby shower. They were able to accommodate our request at an incredibly affordable cost. The staff that helped us at the English Inn, Zoe, Cody and their manager, Heather were incredible. The atmosphere was perfect and Heather and Cody made me feel like the event was their top priority. They were courteous and patient with me and helped me pull off the baby shower of the mother to be's dreams. I was super impressed and so were the guests. I would highly recommend the English Inn for those looking to take their event to the next level. Thanks a million Heather and Cody, you were both so helpful!

Melanie

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I stay at the English Inn. It was our anniversary and it was the perfect choice. We loved the grounds, it was elegant and inviting. The Inn is so charming as are the rooms. Such a great place!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Erin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We found this Inn over the internet. It sounded very interesting so we book our last night of our visit to Vancouver Island and we loved it. The setting is that of an old English Manor in the time of Shakespeare's England. Our room was on the third floor and we could see the ships in Victoria's Harbour The attendants at the front desk were most cordial and even help in taking our luggage up to our room. The entire Inn was very clean. The breakfast was continental but the croissants were home baked and delicious. The staff Help in calling the Washington Ferries to book a space from Sydney to AnnaCortes. It was the right thing to do otherwise we would have stayed on the dock.

Room Tip: Any room is good but the back room on the third floor gives you a view of the Harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank richard a
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

great hotel, quirky, bvery friendly and helpful staff, i will stay there again when i go back to victoria. location close enough to town but far enough out to be quiet. great location for a run in the morning. the continental brewakfast was great, just set you up for the day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I surprised my wife for our 10 year anniversary with renewing our vows at the English Inn. I worked with Heather who was absolutely amazing! The property was stunning and Heather went above and beyond setting up candles for the ceremony. After the ceremony we went into the hotel and the girls put music on for us so we could have a wedding dance. All and all it was an experience that my wife and I will remember for the rest of our lives. We didn't actually stay at the hotel (I came up with the surprise after we had reservations somewhere else) but it will be first on our list when we return to Victoria. Talk to Heather and she will make your stay perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in an estate room which was lovely; nicely laid out, beautifully furnished with the biggest & most gorgeous bed & cleaned very well every day. The hotel itself is lovely, albeit definitely showing wear & tear. There is a feeling of neglect to the grounds & surrounding buildings which is a shame. Breakfast was croissant, coffee, fruit & yoghurt & not really what I like when on holiday. It felt they were rather short staffed with people doubling up on roles but everyone was really friendly & very helpful. If staying in an estate room be warned that there are many stairs to get up to them including a rather steep & narrow one.
We enjoyed our stay here as we were looking for a romantic getaway & we didn't want to stay somewhere that was ordinary & this was definitely not that!
I would suggest that they could perhaps look at getting rid of some of the rugs which had stains on them & rather let down the room, also if running an 'English' inn, the emphasis really should be on providing a decent cup of tea!!

• Stayed September 2013
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

photos looked appealing and I made reservations online. due to unforeseeable health issues I sent an email to same address that I made the reservation, 11 days prior to reserved dates (long before the 48b hour notice). alas, they have no record of that and my presentation of that email made no difference -"its their policy". so, they got us for nearly $2oo.oo, but lost out on our future business. hindsight I should have asked for confirmation, this is the only hotel that I had difficulties canceling our reservations.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank oh-happy-rain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Fairfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,196 reviews
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,454 reviews

Been to English Inn? Share your experiences!