“Amazing place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Edmonton, Australia
“Amazing place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to take a small trip and couldn't find the right hotel to stay in. I saw the English inn so I googled it and read some reviews that weren't the greatest. So I called the hotel and spoke to Heather and asked her her input on these reviews. She assured me that we would not experience similar service. Once we got there, she exceeded my expectation, they all did. The rooms were beautiful and clean the grounds breathtaking. It is honestly a sight to see and a sight you shouldn't miss. Anytime we stay in Victoria we will stay at the English Inn

Room Tip: The crown jewel is amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank October S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the English inn for just one night and were very pleased we chose this quiet, tranquil place!
We had room #1 with a large king bed, a gorgeous bathroom with a claw tub/shower, a nice cozy tv/reading area, and an amazing balcony that overlooked the immaculate grounds and also had a small view of the ocean!
The decor and furniture make it feel like an old Victorian mansion (which it was), but the main reception area and dining room are nice and modern.
The grounds are very nice, well kept and very quiet and cozy. They do a lot of weddings here and I know why. Perfect place for a ceremony and /or a reception.
They offer a continental breakfast with warm bread, coffee etc. Was nice.
I would go back for another stay for sure!

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms, but #1 was very nice!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura-KellyCanada
Melfort, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Loved the old world charm of this Inn! The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The grounds are great to explore on your own or as a romantic stroll with your loved one. We can't wait to go back for another visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SugarLoafWilkie
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We held my daughter's wedding reception at the English Inn on the BC Day long weekend. We couldn't have been more pleased with the way the event turned out. All her requests were met; the decor was beautiful and the food delicious. Heather and staff took care of all the details to perfection. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Most guests were from out of town and stayed at the Inn. We were made to feel welcome and encouraged to stay as long as we wanted while waiting to catch ferries. Thank you for a most memorable wedding.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 1315clarke
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Did not spend the night in a room however did get rest for the wedding there. The room was very large and clean. Old world charm and beautiful. This is the perfect location for a
Wedding the location and surrounding grounds are beautiful. One d the nicest weddings I ever attended.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michele S
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I chose the English Inn as my wedding venue both for the ceremony and the reception. Under the management of Heather Greenleess I couldn't have asked for a better day. They took care of everything to perfection and all the small things that are bound to go wrong on a day like that were tidied up and taken care of before I even knew there was something wrong!

The staff stayed late to accommodate us and took care of my guests the next day with a courtesy and professionalism I would expect at a very high class establishment.

When the house sound system wouldn't play in the foyer for dancing Heather called out her technical support guy out of bed in the middle of the night to help us and when the problem was bigger than he could fixed, Heather wasted no time in getting music happening in the dining room and moving tables so quickly and easily my guests complemented me on having such professional staff to transition the room for dancing. They had no idea we had a problem!

The gardens were beautiful and we got such lovely photos for the day. I would absolutely recommend the English Inn for anyone looking to have a beautiful, intimate wedding day. Zero stress. It was perfect!

- Kaleigh Harley

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kaleigh H
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The English Inn was a fantastic venue for our wedding. In the past they've had a pretty bad reputation, but they are now under new management, so I hope no one judges them for past owners mistakes. Heather was absolutely amazing in helping make our Wedding as perfect as it could be. She responded promptly to our questions and did everything humanly possible to help us. The Ceremony in the garden was beautiful, and everything went flawlessly. The reception was beautiful, and the catering and booze were great too. We had a slight issue with the sound system, but Heather was on it straight away and we improvised a different setup that we actually think worked out better in the end anyway. The staff at the Inn were fantastic to us and our guests, especially Shauna who was the last to go to sleep and i'm pretty sure the first there the next morning too. If I had to pick any fault it would be that the barman didn't seem too happy to be there - but still did a great job all night. Recommend this venue to anyone. It is such a beautiful building and really was the perfect choice for our wedding.

Some of the rooms could use a little more TLC - but they have only recently changed management, and I believe, given time, the new owners will make more changes - as we've noticed a lot of great changes since they took over the place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tharley87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Fairfield
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,455 reviews

Been to English Inn? Share your experiences!