“Very tranquil”
Review of English Inn

English Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed at the English Inn for a relaxing weekend getaway. We were very impressed with the property, location and beautiful tranquil setting. Would recommend this in a heartbeat for anyone looking for a nice tranquil getaway.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Checked in with my wife and two kids ...they sent us to the back of property (which is unkept ) I belive room 40 upon entering It was dark and only had one bed the closet is full of mold as is behind the bed none of the windows shut properly and it was cold and didnt feel safe , When this was presented to the lady at front desk she seemed irritated with us and was not helpful or accomadating as it was clearly an inconvence to her....what ever happened to customer service ??? Needless to say we will not be coming back and will not suggest friends or family to stay at the " Run down Inn" In reading other reviews I can only assume they have written them themselves.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank justjclass
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Your management and front desk clerks need help, as a paying client of your hotel I felt that you have let me down tremendously. They were rude, they did not help in any way or form and poor internet connection, horrible contentantial breakfeast. I will never chose to stay with this hotel again and I will for surley be passing this on to all of my colleagues. I have been worned by some other colleagues from another company that this would happen but I thought I would try on my on because the proportey is so beatuiful and the grounds alone are worth seeing. But this time I was dissapointed with the grounds and the management has gone down hill this summer. I will not be returning to your establishment and hope that in the future you will do something with management and reserect the property as it was last summer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank PROFESSTIONAL-TRAVEL
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Granted, the day was gray and drippy so the big stone mansion looked like a haunted house and the extensive gardens could not be entirely appreciated. But the gardens were not well kept up. Everything looked over grown. There were lots of weeds wher they shouldn't be as well as bits of trash in the drooping flowers. Our room, although upgraded to a suite was so dark we had to sit under a tiny lamp to look at our map. Also, we had a visitor in our bathroom in the morning: the biggest spider i've ever seen that was not a terantula!
Finally, we went to the continental breakfast expecting that it was included in the price of the room (it was not) where we found large, soggy muffins (three), fruit-loops style cereal and cold coffee. The dining room was very nice but had been shut down for dinner a few weeks prior to our visit. All in all, a big disappointment after reading the reviews.
One bright spot, however, was that we stumbled upon a great family-owned fish'n'chips restaurant in a neighborhood not far from the hotel called Haultain Fish and Chips. It was delicious and the service was delightful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliza421
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I travel to Victoria several times per year on business generally for a 2 or 3 night stay. A customer recommended the English Inn and I couldn’t have been more pleased. It was very clean, well appointed and the staff was very attentive. The property is incredible.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rumbling_along
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Great spot - just a little off the beaten path. Nice setting, comfortable accommodation. Offering a litttle historic charm, rather than the typical concrete and glass facade common to today lodgings. Close to activities and restaurants of interest to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david154943
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the English Inn last weekend and we had a great, great time. Perfect proximity to downtown and the hotels rooms were so nice that we couldn't wait to get back and relax. Highly recommended hotel, one which we will be returning to.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCsTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Burnside
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Esquimalt
Rosemary Inn
#1 of 1 in Esquimalt

Been to English Inn? Share your experiences!