“Warm, cozy and friendly :)”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this marvelous, well priced hotel which includes a kitchenette, outdoor pool, "lake" view, with a great choice of breakfast of muffins, fruit, cereal, juices or tea and coffe, all complimentary. The different staff on different shifts were incredibly helpful on several occasions, especially Natalia (if I remember correctly). We will definately stay there again! TWO THUMBS UP :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room on the top floor- but there are cabins on the water front too.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Giltam

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were hanging out for a place to stay & saw this on the skyline as we came down Highway 17. The rates were OK considering the proximity to downtown Victoria and the Mayfair shopping mall. The king size room in the annexe was a little small but had all we needed. The best thing about this hotel was the amazing breakfast - one of the best we've had since we left home four weeks ago.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I had relatives visiting, spent the night with them at the Comfort Inn & Suite. Great spot !!! We had one of the waterfront cabins. Love the location and the free breakfast !!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We decided to take a weekend trip to Victoria...this hotel was chosen because of other good experiences we have had at other hotels of this chain. What a disappointment...check in was okay, no stellar customer service here. Upon inspection of our room we found disgusting white, crusty stains and grease stains on the bedspread which were very visible to the naked eye...in the bathroom there was hair in the sink and the bathtub was very stained, not to mention the carpets...my kid's socks were a nice shade of charcoal grey after walking on them. I complained to the front desk and was told to toss the bedspread in the corner and use the blanket in the closet...we were not offered another room and no one arrived to clean up the filth. I was dismissed by the front desk because another couple came in asking for a room. Being a mom, I carry some sort of cleaning supplies with me so I cleaned the bathroom myself. I have since sent a complaint to the parent company but nothing has come of it yet.

There were 2 small positives to our stay. The pool was great...it was the cleanest part of the whole hotel. The continental breakfast was also quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank briniboo
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The air conditioner was on the frits it squealed during the night due to all the dust clogging it from the road construction adjacent to the motel.. No buisness center we had to pay to get online. access was to the hotel was horriable a very busy intersection. My back hurt from the bed in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worest i have seen at a comfort inn to date... but my wife forgot her black hills gold braclet in the bathroom we called and they found it and after some paperwork will mail it to us...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fromnwmont
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We are not picky in fact we think we have a low standard, now then, here we go:
The good:
The pool was excellent. It was clean and the person responsible for it should be proud.
The rest:
The room was musty and stinky.
The bath fan sounded like a distressed Harley firing up at 5 am to go to work.
The toilet struggled to flush.
I had a headache upon waking on the first 2 mornings for no reason. I blamed it on the air in the room. Sure enough I had the window open all night on the final night and no headache.
I woke up with no headache to find my van broken into. These fine people of Victoria took my GPS, MP3, FM transmitter and some other stuff. This to me is a reflection of the location and the lack of responsibility of the staff and management in trying to deal with their crime problem.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thriftyis
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed for 2 nights, (saturday & sunday). it was ideally situated for us as we intended to visit Buchart gardens & Victoria, without wanting to stay in the centre. The breakfast was a good selection and a reasonable sized dining area with a outside eating area as well, in comparison with other Comfort inns we have stayed in. The room (1st floor in main block) was roomy and comfortable, it also had kitchen facilities and over looked the cabins and lake.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Burnside
Burnside
Arbutus Inn
Arbutus Inn
#36 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!