“Road construction near by at this time”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed 2 August 2010

The air conditioner was on the frits it squealed during the night due to all the dust clogging it from the road construction adjacent to the motel.. No buisness center we had to pay to get online. access was to the hotel was horriable a very busy intersection. My back hurt from the bed in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worest i have seen at a comfort inn to date... but my wife forgot her black hills gold braclet in the bathroom we called and they found it and after some paperwork will mail it to us...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fromnwmont
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 August 2009

We are not picky in fact we think we have a low standard, now then, here we go:
The good:
The pool was excellent. It was clean and the person responsible for it should be proud.
The rest:
The room was musty and stinky.
The bath fan sounded like a distressed Harley firing up at 5 am to go to work.
The toilet struggled to flush.
I had a headache upon waking on the first 2 mornings for no reason. I blamed it on the air in the room. Sure enough I had the window open all night on the final night and no headache.
I woke up with no headache to find my van broken into. These fine people of Victoria took my GPS, MP3, FM transmitter and some other stuff. This to me is a reflection of the location and the lack of responsibility of the staff and management in trying to deal with their crime problem.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thriftyis
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed for 2 nights, (saturday & sunday). it was ideally situated for us as we intended to visit Buchart gardens & Victoria, without wanting to stay in the centre. The breakfast was a good selection and a reasonable sized dining area with a outside eating area as well, in comparison with other Comfort inns we have stayed in. The room (1st floor in main block) was roomy and comfortable, it also had kitchen facilities and over looked the cabins and lake.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a combination of fabulous service, beautiful scenery, and comfort.

We had the pleasure of staying in both a waterfront cabin as well as a standard room. We were fully satisfied with both as they both were clean, comfortable, and quite.

When we checked in, we were promptly greeted by two young men. I believe their names were Ricky (manager) and the other was Brandon. Both were friendly, professional and efficient. They explained the features of the hotel as well as recommendations for tourist attractions and close by restaurants.

The pool was excellent as it overlooked the Gorge Waterway and towels were located on the pool deck for our convenience.

When we checked out, we had the pleasure of dealing with a man named Paul. Similar to the two who checked us in, he was very friendly and efficient. This further displayed the brilliant service at this hotel. VERY impressive

This hotel most certainty exceeded our expectations and we will be looking to book another stay with them shortly.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2008

I had my entire wedding party stay at the hotel and the experience was better than I could have hoped for! The rates for a large group were sooo reasonable and they even gave me and my husband a complimentery CABIN! Staff was extremely helpful and the Manager (Ricky I think is his name) was so accomodating in every way. I would definately recommend this spot for anyone interested in spending the night, the weekend, or even a month or two (i found out they have monthly rates).

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank fatex11
Reviewed 7 August 2008

We,a family of 6 to which 4 of us stayed at The Comfort Inn.
Enjoyed our stay at the motel.
Staff was very friendly and helpful,rooms were fairly clean,
continential breakfast a variety of food.
The cost of the room was reasonably priced.
We,are planning a family trip for 2009 and we will again plan to stay in that same motel.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled with family
3  Thank saskatoonberries
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I haven't stayed in the rooms, however, we did just stay in one of the waterfront cabins. We really enjoyed it. We were happy to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Victoria. We found it to very peaceful. The staff for the most part were fabulous and the rooms were very clean and with a bonus, air conditioning. The only thing we would have liked to see changed or actually added is a small kitchen in the cabin. When you rent a cabin you assume there will be a kitchen, even if it's a small galley one.
I loved the beds and especially there pillows. We travel a lot as a family and I don't know about you but having a good night sleep makes a lot of difference of how much you enjoy your stay. We didn't want to get up. I wished they sold their pillows I would have bought a few. We would absolutely go back again. As for price, yes it was expensive, but the peace was worth it. The breakfast was also equally fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank chariotawaits
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Days Inn Victoria Uptown
Burnside
Arbutus Inn
Arbutus Inn
#36 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!