“Dirty Room and Poor Service - Never again...”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Esquimalt
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We decided to take a weekend trip to Victoria...this hotel was chosen because of other good experiences we have had at other hotels of this chain. What a disappointment...check in was okay, no stellar customer service here. Upon inspection of our room we found disgusting white, crusty stains and grease stains on the bedspread which were very visible to the naked eye...in the bathroom there was hair in the sink and the bathtub was very stained, not to mention the carpets...my kid's socks were a nice shade of charcoal grey after walking on them. I complained to the front desk and was told to toss the bedspread in the corner and use the blanket in the closet...we were not offered another room and no one arrived to clean up the filth. I was dismissed by the front desk because another couple came in asking for a room. Being a mom, I carry some sort of cleaning supplies with me so I cleaned the bathroom myself. I have since sent a complaint to the parent company but nothing has come of it yet.

There were 2 small positives to our stay. The pool was great...it was the cleanest part of the whole hotel. The continental breakfast was also quite nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank briniboo

Reviewed 2 August 2010

The air conditioner was on the frits it squealed during the night due to all the dust clogging it from the road construction adjacent to the motel.. No buisness center we had to pay to get online. access was to the hotel was horriable a very busy intersection. My back hurt from the bed in the morning. The breakfast was one of the worest i have seen at a comfort inn to date... but my wife forgot her black hills gold braclet in the bathroom we called and they found it and after some paperwork will mail it to us...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fromnwmont
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We are not picky in fact we think we have a low standard, now then, here we go:
The good:
The pool was excellent. It was clean and the person responsible for it should be proud.
The rest:
The room was musty and stinky.
The bath fan sounded like a distressed Harley firing up at 5 am to go to work.
The toilet struggled to flush.
I had a headache upon waking on the first 2 mornings for no reason. I blamed it on the air in the room. Sure enough I had the window open all night on the final night and no headache.
I woke up with no headache to find my van broken into. These fine people of Victoria took my GPS, MP3, FM transmitter and some other stuff. This to me is a reflection of the location and the lack of responsibility of the staff and management in trying to deal with their crime problem.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thriftyis
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed for 2 nights, (saturday & sunday). it was ideally situated for us as we intended to visit Buchart gardens & Victoria, without wanting to stay in the centre. The breakfast was a good selection and a reasonable sized dining area with a outside eating area as well, in comparison with other Comfort inns we have stayed in. The room (1st floor in main block) was roomy and comfortable, it also had kitchen facilities and over looked the cabins and lake.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

I whole heartedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a combination of fabulous service, beautiful scenery, and comfort.

We had the pleasure of staying in both a waterfront cabin as well as a standard room. We were fully satisfied with both as they both were clean, comfortable, and quite.

When we checked in, we were promptly greeted by two young men. I believe their names were Ricky (manager) and the other was Brandon. Both were friendly, professional and efficient. They explained the features of the hotel as well as recommendations for tourist attractions and close by restaurants.

The pool was excellent as it overlooked the Gorge Waterway and towels were located on the pool deck for our convenience.

When we checked out, we had the pleasure of dealing with a man named Paul. Similar to the two who checked us in, he was very friendly and efficient. This further displayed the brilliant service at this hotel. VERY impressive

This hotel most certainty exceeded our expectations and we will be looking to book another stay with them shortly.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2008

I had my entire wedding party stay at the hotel and the experience was better than I could have hoped for! The rates for a large group were sooo reasonable and they even gave me and my husband a complimentery CABIN! Staff was extremely helpful and the Manager (Ricky I think is his name) was so accomodating in every way. I would definately recommend this spot for anyone interested in spending the night, the weekend, or even a month or two (i found out they have monthly rates).

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fatex11
Reviewed 7 August 2008

We,a family of 6 to which 4 of us stayed at The Comfort Inn.
Enjoyed our stay at the motel.
Staff was very friendly and helpful,rooms were fairly clean,
continential breakfast a variety of food.
The cost of the room was reasonably priced.
We,are planning a family trip for 2009 and we will again plan to stay in that same motel.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank saskatoonberries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esquimalt
Burnside
Arbutus Inn
#36 of 47 in Victoria
Comfort Inn & Suites
#38 of 47 in Victoria

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!