“Fantastic Experience”

Foghorn Fishing Charters
Ranked #7 of 9 things to do in Esquimalt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in salmon and halibut fishing, Foghorn Fishing Charters is located in Victoria BC's Inner Harbour and Sooke BC's Harbour, with world class sports fishing at our doorstep, we invite you to join us on for a fishing trip of a lifetime, we offer half day and full day fishing charters year round.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked a fishing trip through Foghorn Charters June 2014 for my friend's bachelor party for a morning of halibut fishing. Not only did the four of us each catch a 20+ pound halibut each, but we caught some delicious crabs as well.

We had the fortune of having warm weather and calm waters for our trip but even with rougher conditions, it would still have been a blast with Gordon at the helm. None of our group had any significant deep sea fishing experience, and he made sure that we were all comfortable, & helped us familiarize ourselves with the gear for when our lines got a hit. He's an incredibly experienced and competent fisherman, and a blast to spend the morning with. While I can't compare him to other fishing charters in Victoria, I can't recommend Gordon highly enough!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I, and son/daughter-in-law from Edmonton were looking for something different to break up the long winter. Fishing for winter Springs was just what the doctor ordered. Gord is definitely the captain and he provided great conversation as well running the boat, setting the lines, raising/lowering the downriggers as the instruments dictated, set the boat on auto-pilot, netted fish etc., etc. while we relaxed and caught fish in the 6 to 7lb. category. (though we lost more than we caught due to (our) operator error). It was a hoot, despite a little rain which watched from under the ample canopy. We had packed snacks and hot coffee, and we were cozy. Later, Gord cleaned and filleted the fish.
We baked one that night and savoured the meal and the day. Thank you Gord.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My two kids and I went fishing with Gordon when vacationing in July. We had a fantastic morning. Gordon was incredibly helpful and experienced. We had action almost non-stop, and managed to land 16 fish. None of the other boats we saw out near us came close to that number. We even pulled up a crab pot on the way out and then back in, which was way cool. Gordon's boat was very clean and comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the trip.

2  Thank RoyBannon
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We went out for a 1/2 day with Gord and had a great time. I was really impressed with how Gord made sure that all of the gear was set up properly, made sure we knew what to do when a fish hit the line, and was on top of the GPS and fish finder to make sure we were in the right place to catch fish. Very happy with the experience and will be sure to call Gord the next time we want to go out.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great time fishing with Gordon!! Took 1/2 day charter...and was very impressed with his knowledge, his equipment and his delivering on good fish. Most charters we saw just let guests catch their quick limits and head back about 1-2 hours worth....Gordon listened to our desire to have fun, catch and release (due to our early departure and no ability to take home fish) and try to catch the big ones....he gave us the full value of all time on the water doing what we paid for.....FISHING!! Thanks Gordon!!