“Very comfortable”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Denise F
Beverley
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

This property has a low sloping ceiling in the bedroom and steep, narrow stairs.There were 'Mind Your Head' stickers everywhere! We were not warned of this when we booked. The bathroom is tiny and there is no storage space for clothes at all, except for a cupboard in the living room. All the crockery and cutlery and furnishings are old, mismatched and rather shabby. There was no welcome pack of milk, teabags etc, and not even a new j-cloth or toilet roll. We left early and informed the agents, Sykes Cottages, but were told it is up to the owners and so they (Sykes Cottages) can do nothing to make sure standards are maintained. We won't be using this holiday firm again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The countryside and coast nearby
Liked least: The cottage
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kent

Mootman
Herault, France
“Christmas Getaway”
Reviewed 29 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

We stayed at the cottage during Christmas week. I didn't realise we weren't allowed to park in the owners garden which was a bit off-putting. There are car parks close by and on-street parking too if spaces are available. The owner allowed us to unload the car in front of the cottage which was very good of him, but unfortunately upon departure we had to walk to the street. This wasn't a problem perhaps I'd misread the cottage information.
The cottage is nicely furnished, certainly warm and ok comfortwise. A slight downside is the bedroom which has limited headroom, no chest of drawers (anywhere) for smaller items and no spare / extra pillows.
The kichen area was comfortable and cosy, but I would expect a retreat for two to have a Cafetiere for two rather than one. I suggest a review of the cottage inventory take place.
We only saw the owners once, who have an office next door, and respected our privacy. WiFi is available in the sitting room which is next to this office, but not the rest of the property
The cottage is located in great part of the borders with many sights close by.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Small issues with inventory, which is disappointing during 15 years of cottage holidays
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 10 December 2011 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Abridge
Reviewed 23 September 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Central location to all we wanted to see and do.
Liked least: The low height of the bedroom ceiling
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other

Cleanliness Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;