“Wonderful!”
other travellers have booked this property
Enter a caption for your photo
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Enter a caption for your photo
Deer in the garden at Kirkaig
View From Window
Chalet lounge in the evening
Lounge
Kitchen
Double room
Twin Bedroom
Bathroom
Hall
Sunset view from the lounge
Old Man Of Stoer
Dolphin Clachtoll
Traffic Jam Assynt
Sunset view at Kirkaig
View at Kirkaig
Assynt coast
Clachtoll Beach
View from the back of the chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Djangy
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I and our 2 mutts spent a fortnight in Chalet no.2. The location is beautiful and very peaceful, yet only a very short drive from Lochinver for a well-stocked Spar shop and restaurants and fuel. And less than an hour to Ullapool via the main roads. The bedrooms are 'compact' but adequate, with generous built-in cupboards. We used the twin room as the mattresses were more firm than the double. The electric blankets were very cosy. The living room is very spacious with comfortable sofas. There's a photo somewhere on the internet which shows the picture windows at the front with horizontal fenestration across the middle of them. That's out of date as, in fact, there's lovely new double-glazed floor to ceiling panes giving an uncluttered and clear view to the bay. The outlook could not be more idyllic.
Everything worked perfectly - washer/dryer, oven, microwave, electric shower, excellent tv service and very efficient broadband. No phone reception, so we used Skype with no glitches to make calls. The electric wall heaters heated the chalet very quickly, even on the couple of wintry days during our stay. We've stayed in many different self-catering places over the last 25 years, but none better equipped than this chalet.
If you want to meander around the epic scenery of Assynt, or drive an hour or so up to Oldshoremore beach (breathtaking) or spend the day exploring the Gruinard Bay/Aultbea/Gairloch area, it's perfect. And whatever your destination, the journey there will take you through stunning scenery. The single track road from the chalet down to Stac Pollaidh, or Achnahaird beach, is simply spectacular. We will definitely be going again, as we didn't spend enough time visiting Clachtoll beach or Clashnessie bay - or simply enjoying the view from the chalet.
Gemma responded to every email immediately and was very helpful. We'd definitely recommend chalet no.2, and the whole Assynt region.

Sam_N_Tur...
“Mr”
Reviewed 23 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Lovely Chalet, comfortable with fantastic views. Electric blanklet appreciated in October. Amazing sunsets and awesome to hear stags roaring practically in the front garden. Amazing area if you love walks, wildlife, beaches and mountain scenery!

Pamela P
“Chalet no2”
Reviewed 6 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We have just returned home from a week in chalet no2. OMG this is an amazing place. The chalet itself is great. Comfotable beds. My yongest son slept till 9am every morning which is unheard of! The rest of us just didnt want to get up but the views are to die for. Its has a well equiped kitchen with everything you need and very clean. Our cousins stayed in chalet no1 and there is no difference except you are closer to the sheep and road. The garden area is huge and great for children to run play and hide. We met the owner Jim on several occasions and he is one if the most kindest man youll meet. Goes out of his way for you and lives a good 9+ miles away but based on the road thats 30mins atleast away. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Its amazing. My boys (age 7 + 9) didnt want to come home.
Thank you Jim I hope you got your bottle of wine we left as a thank you.

Rach D
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Fantastic, well equipped chalet”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Just coming to the end of our stay here at Kirkaig Chalet. The chalet is ideal, perfect location and well equipped with everything you would need. The view from the chalet is just stunning! It is the perfect base for exploring the area and we enjoyed exploring lots of new places and some great walks. Couldn't fault it. Will hopefully return again!

jen g
“Perfect position”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Situated right on the bay at inverkirkaig this chalet is perfectly positioned to watch the sunsets and sealife bobbing in. We have had a great week here and have been well positioned for walks in the Assynt area. Very handy for Suilven & Stach Pollaidh. The chalet is basic but quite adequate. Thank you.

tango1157
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Returned home after two days”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Booked a week, Saturday to Saturday in November via their website and an administrator. Contact was via email. When we arrived, the chalet was freezing. Put on all the heaters in the chalet to try and heat the place up Initially, we thought everything was ok, but we then discovered the electric heated towel rail in the bathroom did not work. Also, the heater installed in the bedroom did not appear to be effective. After a few hours, the living area warmed up, but the rear half of the chalet containing bedrooms and bathroom remained freezing cold.
On Sunday I emailed the administrator to report the faulty towel rail. I received a reply advising me a new one had been ordered but delivery was three to five days and it was unlikely it would be installed before we left.
Rear half of the chalet was still freezing on the Sunday night, so on the Monday morning, given that the weather forecast for the remainder of the week was for gales, we decided to return home as there was little prospect of us being comfortable.
When we arrived home, I contacted the administrator by email to advise what we had done, and was then advised that her father (who is the owner) had arrived at the chalet that morning with an oil filled heater. I replied that had we been aware of the possibility of additional heating we would have stayed.
Two days later, I had not received a response, so I sent another email specifically asking why we had not been advised of the possibility of additional heating.
An hour or so later we received a telephone call from the owner. His tone and attitude on the phone was disappointing to say the least. He continually stated that the chalets were 'warm and cosy', and the problem lay with my wife and I.
Given that we had paid £350 for the week, we had returned home after two days because of the cold, and also the fact that at no time had we asked for a refund, and that all we wanted to know was why we had not been advised of the possibility of additional heating by his administrator and which would have allowed us to make a more informed decision on whether to stay or not.
He replied by stating he had been away from the area and had not had a chance to pass on that information to his administrator. He also told me I should have put a fan heater from the living room into the bedroom if we were still cold. He continually interrupted me when I tried to speak and he simply refused to accept that my wife and I had been cold in the chalet.
To be honest, I found his whole approach to us very surprising and disappointing, since ultimately, he was not one penny out of pocket, and we were the customers.
This is the first occasion I have had cause to give 1 out of 5 for accommodation. We will certainly not be returning to Kirkaig Chalet number 2.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Nov 2015
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately when you arrived the small towel radiator in the bathroom wasn?t working, when you informed us of this we immediately ordered a new one but because of our location the delivery is 3- 5 days, this seems to have been the only problem with the Chalets that I can find in your review.

The bedrooms in the Chalets have wall heaters and electric blankets but if additional heat is required the additional fan heater that we have in the Chalets could have been placed this in the hall this would have immediately brought the rear of the Chalets up to a very comfortable temperature.

I did make a big effort by bringing you an extra heater, to heat your towels (we have a tumble dryer that could have done this) but you had already vacated the Chalets by 10am on the Monday morning (I was down south for a wedding and didn?t arrive in Lochinver until 1am that morning).

If anyone reading this review would like a balanced view of our Chalets please read the review from the guests who were staying for the same week in Chalet 1 which is identical to Chalet 2.

Extract from review

We stayed here for a week from 14 th November and loved it. We had to endure the end of storm Abigail with 70mph gusts and torrential rain, in fact the whole week was wet and windy but the chalet was a warm, safe haven in the storms. Easy to heat, great shower
James T
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Relaxing weekend break”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Spectacular views from this well equipped chalet,even when weather is not at it's best ! We both enjoyed our stay here and easily and willingly recommend this chalet to anyone looking for a relaxing,or lively break. There are various walks available for all levels of walker,from the chalet itself and from Lochinver,which is close by.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing