“Spanish treat in Scotland”
Review of Lochinver Larder

Lochinver Larder
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Lochinver
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award winning Pie Shop,Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Being Spanish I can say the scallops and langostines were so good, luckily that I could eat them fresh before they were shipped to Spain! The best food in Scotland I’ve had. We enjoyed so much the pies that I took the mail order form back with me.

1  Thank pura l
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Flying visit Into Lochinver just to pick up some of the well known pies on our way round the NC500.

Savoury and sweet pies available. We bought a mixture. Around £5 a piece which isn’t cheap but hey, when in Rome! Plus, fillings are packed in. The pies are weighty!

I can absolutely recommend. Grab some for a picnic. The venison and cranberry pie is delicious. Chicken, leek and mushroom is a classic. Apple pies available too!

1  Thank msg84
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Haggis started was delicious, best one throughout my whole NC500 trip. Steak & ale pie was lovely & the mashed potatoes were a heart attack on a plate with the amount of butter & cream in it but it was heavenly & not a single lump.
The only negative thing to say is that it closed very early - 5:30pm but maybe this was a good thing as I was still stuffed at 9!

1  Thank SarahB14096
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

We bought some of the pies for our picnic lunch after staying over in Lochinver as we were driving the North Coast 500. Yes they are a little expensive but 1) You're on holiday so live a bit. 2) They're very deep filled so are like a whole meal in a pie and you won't need anything else until teatime. 3) They're very tasty with lovely non-greasy pastry. So we were very happy to do our bit for local business and buy them. And they were lovely.

1  Thank ClazEngland
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Fabulous pies and people! The warmth of Scotland! Try several... they all seem wonderful... oh yes they do have other wonderful food!

1  Thank Kram R