“Over priced dessert”

Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Lochinver
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award winning Pie Shop,Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Reviewed 12 October 2018

2nd visit. Very salty fish cake. Not sure if they did tasting before making them. Almost thought of letting them know but didn't. It was disappointing.
My son had a dessert pie- he asked what we wanted it with. Ice cream, custard or cream? He choose one, thinking it comes with it naturally.
I did not read the menu properly, and they charged £1.10 extra, where the pie already costs £6.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I had two pies at the Lochinver Larder, one I ate there and one I took with me for later. They were yummy, I have to say, but when I drove away I realised I had just spent approximately 10 Australian dollars for each pie. Yes, they were good, but wowdy, so much money for a pie.

1  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Being Spanish I can say the scallops and langostines were so good, luckily that I could eat them fresh before they were shipped to Spain! The best food in Scotland I’ve had. We enjoyed so much the pies that I took the mail order form back with me.

1  Thank pura l
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Flying visit Into Lochinver just to pick up some of the well known pies on our way round the NC500.

Savoury and sweet pies available. We bought a mixture. Around £5 a piece which isn’t cheap but hey, when in Rome! Plus, fillings are packed in. The pies are weighty!

I can absolutely recommend. Grab some for a picnic. The venison and cranberry pie is delicious. Chicken, leek and mushroom is a classic. Apple pies available too!

1  Thank msg84
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Haggis started was delicious, best one throughout my whole NC500 trip. Steak & ale pie was lovely & the mashed potatoes were a heart attack on a plate with the amount of butter & cream in it but it was heavenly & not a single lump.
The only negative thing to say is that it closed very early - 5:30pm but maybe this was a good thing as I was still stuffed at 9!

1  Thank SarahB14096