“Best pie pastry every!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Award winning Pie Shop,Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Reviewed 23 October 2018

We were driving through Lochinver and I remembered I'd seen a review about the Larder and their pies, so as we were soaking wet and cold we thought we'd call in. It was warm and very packed in the restaurant but worth waiting for a table - best pie pastry I've eaten for a long time and the pies were packed with filling, no gaps there! They were expensive but well worth it - we had four for lunch and took an extra two sweet ones for dessert that evening! Highly recommended and very unexpected for such a remote area.

1  Thank Jo N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Pies pies pies! All excellent whether you choose sweet or savoury. Eat in or carry out. Reasonably priced and filled to the max! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Kenny B
Reviewed 12 October 2018

2nd visit. Very salty fish cake. Not sure if they did tasting before making them. Almost thought of letting them know but didn't. It was disappointing.
My son had a dessert pie- he asked what we wanted it with. Ice cream, custard or cream? He choose one, thinking it comes with it naturally.
I did not read the menu properly, and they charged £1.10 extra, where the pie already costs £6.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I had two pies at the Lochinver Larder, one I ate there and one I took with me for later. They were yummy, I have to say, but when I drove away I realised I had just spent approximately 10 Australian dollars for each pie. Yes, they were good, but wowdy, so much money for a pie.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Being Spanish I can say the scallops and langostines were so good, luckily that I could eat them fresh before they were shipped to Spain! The best food in Scotland I’ve had. We enjoyed so much the pies that I took the mail order form back with me.

Date of visit: September 2018