“Excellent Food”

The Tongue Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Tongue
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Ate in Brass Tap bar to allow Tipper the Border Colllie to join us. Excellent food and service. Even brought dog a water bowl.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We called in at lunchtime one day and evening the next day no vege option at lunchtime and not a very good choice of anything in evening ended up leaving without ordering in evening had a bowl of chips lunchtime husband had steak sandwich which was ok

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

As a treat when staying in the area we had a v tasty evening meal.
Staff were able to explain the provenance of items and also how a dish would ‘come’.
Tasty fish with some adventurous starters , showing flair and imagination.

I enjoyed what i chose.
I would eat here again

This is only my opinion.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

We stopped here for lunch and when we went inside I didn't have high hopes. It looks a bit sad and stale inside, but it was a lovely sunny day so we sat at the picnic tables outside. I had feta stuffed pepper and it was tasty.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a light meal here recently. We ordered our food and drinks in the lounge. Drinks were served by a rather clueless young woman who had no idea of what alcohol was at their bar.

I had fresh hake and my wife had a salad with a side of garlic bread. Nothing special, but quite good