All reviewslovely hotelbeer gardenthe main hotelgreat foodthe pubvaried menusea viewprawnsfresh milksmall hotelboth nightsherringseafoodlovely viewisle of skyedining roompalm trees
Reviewed 18 July 2016

This hotel with its friendly, welcoming and accommodating atmosphere has one of the finest views from a beer garden I've ever witnessed. Have visited for meals, drinks and to stay with my disabled mother. We have never, in over 12 years been disappointed.
The cranachan and plockton smokies are worth a mealtime visit!

Don't forget that the midges arrive after the first week in May!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Emma W, Public Relations Manager at Plockton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thanks, Helen! I'm pleased to hear you had such a lovely visit and that you come back time and time again (for the views and that cranachan right?!!)

Till next time,

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Visited here very briefly in 2015 and fell in love with the place so much I came back in 2016 to stay at the Plockton Hotel. Stayed towards the end of June in the cottage they have about next door but four to the main hotel. Room was immaculate and the view from the room was just brilliant. Food was good with a lovely looking restaurant but I thought the service could have been a better as I was waiting for the dessert menu to come to me for around 20 minutes and also around 20 minutes for my bill to arrive which I eventually had to get up and ask for. Their is a seating area outside overlooking Loch Carron which the view is out of this world. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank graham b

Thanks for your review Graham. I'm pleased to hear that your room was immaculate and that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your comments regarding the restaurant wait on to our management team, and I am delighted to hear you will be back.

See you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

We visited the hotel on Thursday 14th July for dinner. There were 5 of us (2 kids); the restaurant had 3 tables of 4 and the bar where we were sitting had our table and another 2 tables of 4. We waited 30 minutes for 1 starter of queen scallops, which was beautiful. Perfectly cooked with bread and a lovely salad. We then waiting a further 35 minutes for the mains which all came at separate times and we had to ask for my mums as it hadn't been brought out. The food was good but sadly let down by the service which was shocking. There were 6 staff that I saw, 2 behind the bar and 4 just walking around that refused to make eye contact. We had to ask for cutlery then sauces. We then had to find someone to ask for desert menus. Very disappointing for a lovely hotel with fantastic views.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ArleneFrater

Dear Arlene,

Thank you for your review and for your praise of the quality of our food. We use the best local suppliers to ensure flavour and taste. However, I am sorry to hear that you felt let down by the service and I will be passing this on to our management team. I hope you will visit again in the future.

Many thanks

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Had a pleasant lunch here on a day that the weather was very changeable. It was cozy by nature, with friendly, efficient staff who were happy to chat and share a smile.
It was busy inside, with two rooms being used to eat. One contained the main bar. Unfortunately with the small traditional Windows, there was little view. There is however an out door eating/drinking area which is covered and I can imagine this would be lovely on a bright summer day! The food was fairly typical pub grub, my husband and daughter had fish with homemade chips and I had the scampi. Other tables were having salmon salads, panini and chips etc, All of which looked lovely!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It sounds as if you had a lovely lunch and that other families were too! We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed 7 July 2016

The Plockton Hotel sets it's standards high and doesn't fail to deliver a unique and value for money stay everytime. Great bar, with a great selection of whisky and gin. The restaurant, though busy, always keeps the standard of food high. The service staff are always on hand and they also have an in house laundry service which is handy for the longer trips.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Emma W, Public Relations Manager at Plockton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Hello Arron,

We were delighted to read your review and pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and bar. Also very pleased to see the 5/5 you gave us for sleep quality. VERY important for a hotel!

Have a lovely Summer, and we hope to see you again soon

The Plockton Hotel team