All reviewslovely hotelbeer gardenthe main hotelgreat foodthe pubvaried menusea viewprawnsfresh milksmall hotelboth nightsherringseafoodlovely viewisle of skyedining roompalm trees
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We started with a Smokie and an Eve Starter Special. My son had Haggis & Whiskey; my wife had Hot Prawn and I had the beef pie. The beef pie was not what I expected but it was very good. My son loved the haggis & whiskey and my wife enjoyed her prawn. My son also had dessert coffee while my wife and I had actual desserts. Everything was good and prices not too bad. Service is ...well, a little slow but that, for Americans, is because they do not rely on tips...they get a living wage.

Stayed: August 2016
Emma W, Public Relations Manager at Plockton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Many thanks for your review and for giving us 4 ****. I'm sorry to hear that you found the service slow during your stay, but very pleased to hear you enjoyed the food.

We hope to see you again soon,

Plockton Hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

A great hotel in a fantastic place. Staff very friendly and a lovely room. We had a room at the front of the hotel with a great view. Had a lovely stay here, clean and tidy, very welcoming nice restaurant. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

The staff here go out of their way to make everyone's stay great; it is the reason we go back time and again. Nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant is hugely popular and the food is always really good, especially the locally caught seafood!
We love it!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

Lovely room over looking the bay, beautiful views. Dinner was excellent - wonderful choice of local seafood and venison - highly recommended. Gluten free catered for too. Friendly and attentive staff.
It was a special anniversary for us and it a perfect place to stay - thank you

Room Tip: Room one over looks the bay at the front, beautiful view.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016

got a booking last minute was happy with that thought a bit expensive £140.
Room was great, shower was rubbish hard to get wet no power to the shower. 4 hairs in bath, not nice.
Wifi was none existent, even after phoning to say.
Food enjoyed the prawns, had the fish and chips not impressed at all with the fish no taste, was hoping a lot better being locally sort. Not return sorry to say.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple