All reviewslovely hotelbeer gardenthe main hotelgreat foodthe pubvaried menusea viewprawnsfresh milksmall hotelboth nightsherringseafoodlovely viewisle of skyedining roompalm trees
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Several trips here will tell you that I like this place because I keep coming back - and no, I don't have to but the service can vary although not nearly by as much as The Plockton Inn.

The food is good, the menus are of basic fayre at what I think are reasonable prices (£10 for a venison casserole). Due to the weather they don't always have the delicious Plockton Prawns (local langoustines) but the fish in the battered fish and chips is delightfully moist and I've always found the homemade soups to be delicious. The langoustines are £2 per prawn and I think that's reasonable.

Sometimes when busy you can see the strain however and my pet hate is to have empty plates in front of me for any length of time and sometimes I get the impression the staff don't always know where the food / seafood comes from (i.e. local or not).

All in all, a good wee place that I'll continue to frequent when in Plockton. Note that I've not stayed here and I'm only reviewing the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We stayed one night and were pretty disappointed with the experience given the amount we paid for the room, especially having visited friends in the Plockton Inn and seen their accommodation. Plockton Hotel, while clean, was basic, very tired in places and lacked any sense of warmth or atmosphere. With a bit of time and effort though, it could easily be transformed. It is brilliantly situated on the harbour front but this isn't enough to justify the rates charged.

The service was efficient rather than friendly - although I did get ignored by three staff at the bar for at least 5 minutes, despite being the only person waiting.

We had a bite to eat at lunch and the food was good. However, we had dinner at the Plockton Inn instead, where the food was outstanding and worth every penny.

All in all, we found this hotel to be over-priced when compared with other places we stayed on our trip so would not return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GirlBornToTravel
EmmaPlockton, Public Relations Manager at Plockton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't feel that your experience matched the cost of your room as we pride ourselves on the number of guests who do come back year after year. It's great to hear that you found the hotel clean, and whilst we'd agree that small areas of the hotel are a wee bit tired we do close every January to decorate and freshen the hotel up in places where it's most needed.

Thank you for leaving a review - we certainly take all comments on board and use them in future staff training.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Great place to stay, room was superb as were the staff and the food.....Big thanks to Alan and Mags and all the staff for a wonderful stay.....Very good out of season deal....Big thank you to all......would love to return to say hello to people....

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

You are more than welcome to come back any time! Many thanks for such an excellent review. We're delighted to hear that you had such a superb time and that you enjoyed our food as much as our hotel. Enjoy the memories and come back soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

If you have a dog don't go here after being told we could sit in very small room which was very uninviting we were told by another member of staff we could not stay there.We were instructed to go down side lane into the bar,this was very unsuitable because the seats were very high bar seats with very high table which my 88 year old mother-in-law was unable to sit at as table came up to her chest.We left and went somewhere more dog friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank carolynpini

We are very, very sorry to hear that you had this experience with us. Whilst we don't allow dogs (with the exception of assistance dogs) into the main restaurant, they are allowed in our bar so this has clearly been a training issue. Once again, we are sorry for this experience.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This hotel was exactly what we were after in our discovery trip around the NC500 We stayed here 2 nights and the whole place just seemed authentic. A delightful village plenty of walks, views to amaze, a boat trip as well. We had a front room overlooking the water. They even did our washing for us free of charge. The food was amazing and the hotel cozy enough that we got to meet other travellers. Thoroughly recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review! We're deighted that you enjoyed our village as much as our hotel and that you had a great time. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.