“Worth going out of your way for”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ma'In Hot Springs

Ma'In Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ma'in
Prague, Czech Republic
“Worth going out of your way for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We knew where we were going, so we were prepared for the drive up and down extremely steep paved roads - but it could come as a shock if you didn't know!

We were welcomed by friendly staff, checked in easily, and were taken to our room, which looked down the valley. We were struck by the fact that everything is made of wood - even the lift (elevator), and the blinds in the room.

It was Ramadan, so everywhere was very quiet ..... in fact we were the only ones at the outdoor pool on one occasion. It was possible to buy refreshments at the poolside, but because most people were fasting we had to wait for them to be delivered from the main hotel building.

We were on half-board, and there was a great selection at breakfast and a really good choice from the evening buffet.

We spent one day in the Spa centre, and my wife and I each enjoyed a wonderful massage. There is a pool fed by the warm waterfalls. Incidentally, for ladies who would like to sunbathe au natural, there is a very private pool and sun area in the spa.

Room Tip: Rooms facing down the valley (towards the Dead Sea) are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jumana A, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Ma'In Hot Springs, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Mr. richardinprague,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in!

Thank you very much for staying at Evason Ma'in and for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable experience (rooms, food and spa) and that your stay with us was up to your expectations.

Once again, thank you for providing your feedback and we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future and try more of our experiences.

On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything I can do; please feel free to reach me at exsec-main@evasonresorts.com.

Jumana Al Hussein
Personal Assistant to General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

After reading some of the reviews we very nearly didn't go. We expected the worst and I have to say we're pleasantly surprised.
The drive to the hotel was even worth the stay. You drive high up in the mountains and the view is amazing. Then the hotel is situated deep in a valley, it's so stunning.
Check in was swift, lobby area was quaint and rustic, not exactly a 4 star hotel more like a 3. Staff friendly and helpful.
Rooms basic but clean and wonderful views. Food at the hotel was wonderful as was breakfast. Not a huge variety but more than enough.
Downside was the hotel pool. A bit scruffy but our kids didn't care they still had fun.

The main waterfall is a public area but open for hotel guests from 7am - 9am. Don't bother going. The waterfall pools are full of garbage, used Pampers and I even saw underwear. It's such a shame that it's so badly maintained and really filthy.

Overall we enjoyed the 1 night stay but left disappointed that there was no direct access to the waterfalls. I believe that you can enjoy the waterfall at the spa but at an extra cost which we didn't entertain.

The views around this hotel however are stunning. No where near as bad as we were expecting.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room with a view of the waterfall.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JeanAbuDhabi
Dear Ms. Jean,

Warm greetings from Evason Ma'in!

We are glad that, overall, you had an enjoyable experience and that you still chose to stay with us.

Regarding the thermal pool, please note that we have one thermal pool by the hotel building that is for our in-house guests free of charge, in addition to the spa pool which is chargeable like any other spa in the area.

We are sorry to read about the cleanliness of the public waterfalls, it was addressed accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back at Evason Ma’in in the near future and offer you a more enjoyable experience.

Jumana Al Hussein
Personal Assistant to General Manager
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've been to Jordan 4 times before and have stayed at world class hotels like Kempinski in the Dead Sea and Acaba so believe me when I say this place was terrible. The Hotel is nice, not a 5 star maybe a 4 star but the hot springs waterfalls where unbelievable .Be aware that in addition to what you pay the hotel charges 38 JD ($53.50 US) per person to enter the lower waterfalls connected to the hotel. It's a rip off don't waste your money. In fact the best part of the hot springs waterfall in free to get into. I would suggest staying at the Kempenski or the Movin pick in the Dead sea and taking the 30 minute drive to the hot springs for the day. So let me share my personal experience with this hotel. We ordered food from the pool and we went swimming . When the food was ready we asked if they could bring it up to our room to eat comfortably . We waited 45 minutes and had to finally complain for the food to arrive. Once it arrived it was cold and had not looked good at all . Not to mention it was 70 JD ($98.70 US) for 2 turkey sandwiches, 1 steak sandwich and 2 bears . So we rejected it and told management it was cold. They said no problem and invited us to eat downstairs at the restaurant . They actually insisted and told us it was complementary . So we ate. Upon check out we where presented with a bill of 70 JD ($98.70 US) They said the food they brought to the room must be paid for but the food at the restaurant was complementary . I was out raged but they smirked at me and said you must pay. ( Mohammed ) the restaurant manager came out and openly argued with me saying I told you must pay for the cold food brought to the room. I being in a foreign country and speaking little Arabic I didn't want any problems so I paid. I then drove 30 minutes to our next hotel stay at the Dead Sea and realized that I had left my Galaxy 4 phone at the reception area wile arguing about my bill. I called from our hotel in the Dead Sea to ask about my phone that I had left behind but it was to late. They had told me that they had no sign of my phone. Being a $500 phone I called back several times throughout the day to see if it had been located but was met with more and more aggression with each call. Long story short I got hustled for almost a $100 US and had my phone disappear on me and left more frustrated than relaxed. Oh yea if you are a female . Be prepared for everyone who works there to stare at you like there is no tomorrow and most of the staff is young none English speakers with little no experience in customer service. I was so looking forward to staying at this hotel as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed as part of a Jordan tour. The first night was a disaster, the aircon unit was above our room and very noisy. We arrived late and as we could not find a duvet for the bed, we slept with just a sheet.

Next day we went in search of a clean room, the third offering was accepted although the balcony furniture was very grubby. All the others were very smelly.

The pool was dirty and not well maintained so we went to the spa/ waterfall, and they wanted an extra charge which was totally unreasonable for hotel guests.

The lift was truly scary and felt unsafe.

Foodwise, stick to the local offerings.

Such a disappointment as we were really looking forward to our stay.

Stayed May 2014
seattle wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ma'in hotel and spa is luxurious, great service, excellent food and the hot waterfalls are a unique experience, in particular during the winter. It is somewhat remote but a good spot to relax for a few days.

Room Tip: Choose the main building.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself and my wife were looking for a base in Jordan for some peace and quiet for a week away from work and liked the look of here. It didn't disappoint, during Ramadan it was very, very quiet and consequently the staff were really attentive. Felt a bit guilty eating and drinking during Ramadan but this couldn't be helped (we were on holiday after all). The rooms were basic by western standards but if being environmentally friendly is important to you then here's the place.
We upgraded but needn't have bothered as you spend most of your time sunbathing or at the Spa or indeed on trips. All in, if you are looking for a quiet break with excellent service in Jordan, come here.

Visited Petra during our stay and would very highly recommend it (will be reviewing it separately), in short though, chose a hotel adjacent to the site so you can start early; it's an expensive old day trip with lots to see so buy the 2 or 3 day pass; Enjoy!

I would like to thank all the staff, for making our stay extra special and the people of Jordan for making our visit to their country safe and enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you are touring, this place is a bit remote, don't upgrade, it's not really the best plac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ray C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

One of the best locations in the Middle East with the Six-Senses touch. Truly a must if you are staying in the area. Ask for a room with waterfall view.

One small drawback: be prepared for some flies.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ma'in
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
#8 of 9 in Sweimah
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
Ramada Resort Dead Sea
#6 of 9 in Sweimah

Been to Ma'In Hot Springs? Share your experiences!