“Great place to stay”
Review of Plaza Inn Hotel

Plaza Inn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Los Mochis
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is centrally located and it is definitely worth staying at. Big comfortable rooms, very clean. Breakfast delicious and we could choose from a great variety on fresh goods. I would like to mention particularly the director of the hotel and how effective he was when he offered to call our flying company and require further information re our flight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Why did security come to my door and wake me up at 10:30 p.m.? Dinner. Well, actually the bill. When I checked in I gave my credit card for the room, just like at any other reasonably nice hotel. There is a little sign in the room that says to give your credit card info to the front desk for room service. I had done that. When I ordered, no problems. When it was delivered, not an issue. When I go to bed there becomes a problem. They want cash. No credit card. They call my room first, and I offer to pay in the morning as I am in bed. Ok. But not okay. 5 minutes later someone is at my door. Security. Demanding to be paid in cash. I was willing to overlook the "clean" room, the holes in the towels, the broken items in the room including no lamps with bulbs, the tub that took 15 minutes to drain after a shower, the cold shower, the torn couch upholstery, and the odd number of crickets in the room. But this, this cannot be overlooked. Awakened by security. The front desk solution... oh yeah, they didn't have one. Not even an apology. I hope this review helps them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank chrisandburka
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great location, easy to find while traveling south through Mexico. Traveling with 2 dogs on our yearly excursion to Nayarit. Opted to stay in Hotels after last years experience with "no tell motels". Upon arrival we were shown to large room upstairs, not our first choice with dogs. Our concerns were heard & a room on the ground floor was found. Room very spacious, huge comfortable bed, great restaurant within hotel. Air conditioner inefficient & located right beside bed...very noisy & too cold for person sleeping closest to machine. Very quiet, good shower, clean room & attractive courtyard for parking car off street. Good price for accomodations. Very helpful staff, friendly to dogs. Did notice dirty dishes outside adjacent room....they remained there overnight...not good way to reduce bug infestation! Area outside hotel had plenty of grass for walking dogs. Staff recommended Botanical Gardens for morning walk. Gardens are gorgeous but dogs not allowed! We will stay in this hotel again & see a bit more of this really nice town.

Room Tip: Courtyard is very nice, clean with attractive vegetation. Hotel has elevator for guests on upper fl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rusamim
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I don´t like giving poor reviews...honestly, the people were great...as is the case with many locations in mexico. the beds, which i consider one of the most important things for comfort and sleeping in any place, hotel or home, were top notch and comfy...they hit the five star rating...

yet that´s hard to compensate for the fact that there the was no running hot water...I´m sorry...if i pay for a hotel room I don´t like feeling dumping cold water over my head for a shower. I mentioned it to them first thing at 8am, then again when leaving...and everyone looked astonished as if...really? it´s still broken, let us go check...as if i´d haul my luggage back up stairs to shower at that moment when I was checking out...I understand problems...yet if you pay for a service and don´t get it, then offer free breakfast, a discount or something for the discomfort....

Again. it´s hard for me to say something negative that is out of a person´s control...(as if the hot water heater was down, I don´t know what the problem was), the failure in my eyes was that the hotel failed to compensate for the problem, not that their was a problem in the first place...

the other notable issue is that when i arrived at 1130pm. there were plates in the hallway from room service when i got to my room. When i checked out at noon the next day there were additional breakfast plates piled up in the hallway outside of other rooms...which meant...that room service came up, delivered breakfast to the rooms next to mine and did not bother to remove the plates sitting in the hallway next to the door when they delivered breakfast. Was sloppy,messy and showed a lack of desire to take care of not just the little things but what i would consider the obvious...

on a side note...I changed hotels, got to my next location in los mochis realizing I had left my tablet under the pillow on my bed...the staff was prompt and professional in terms of finding it and holding it for me....

not sure what it says...but seems like there are good people there who have yet to get everone on the same page about service...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DerekinMexico
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

When I arrived with my friend with no reservation, hungry, tired and tire problems on my truck... The hotel put us in a nice room got our food order and took my truck to a service center to change around all my tires and install two new ones... I gave my keys and $400 US to the bellman and an hour later he returned with the job done!

Dinner was fantastic... I wanted some ice cream but they did not have any, 20 minutes later two servings of ice cream arrived!

This is a nice family hotel at a great price...I would stay there again...

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jcwheeler
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We spent one nite here and I have to say the hotel impressed...the staff were helpful ,the rooms clean and the whole place better than the other hotel we stayed at(santa Anita).....mr Owens steak and grill was very good if a little high end...Highhy reccomended!!!!

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank badsyde
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My third time staying at this hotel. Very Clean & Modern facility, rooms were nicely appointed with very comfortable beds. Hotel rates very reasonable and the staff was very friendly and accomodating to our needs and quick to point out sight seeing trips and all the great offerings in the Los Mochis area. Restaurant open late with top notch service and food offering was excellant, Cocktails were the best, additionally staff all spoke english, and always offered conversations of real substance, about the U.S or offering travel advice and places to see while travelling in Mexico. Really enjoyed my stay and will definately stay here again when travelling through this part of Mexico

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family