Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$1,185
US$460
Agoda.com
US$288
US$278
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$408
US$257
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$264
US$347
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$327
US$682
US$541
US$744
US$725
12,768 results
All reviewsfrench restaurantemerald suitemain poolprivilege packagedon miguelthe lazy river poolbreakfast and lunchroom servicesilver suitestwo swim up barsthe french onion soupsports barcoors lightsushi barmichael jackson showother resortsla hacienda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My husband and I just returned with a group of our friends (also husbands/wives). This was our first experience at an all inclusive but most of our friends have been to several AI's and found Valentin was pretty good but had some room for improvements. The resort itself was absolutely beautiful with the grounds and landscaping so immaculate and well maintained. Great open paths to walk everywhere which is nice because the resort is very big. The check in went very quickly and we were welcomed with great service. We opted to upgrade our room to a Golden jr suite for an additional $86 per night. We had originally booked a regular suite in bldg 5. I would not recommend upgrading unless you plan to spend a lot of time in your room and need the extra space. The upgraded room gave you access to the private lagoon/lazy pool, but they didn't monitor it so anyone could use it. Our friends had Emerald suites on the ocean (end units) and they were very nice with a great sea breeze. Smaller rooms, but better views. Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with any room choice. The restaurants were pretty good. The Japanese restaurant was probably the best. The Italian place was pretty good, but the service was extremely slow that night. The wine they offered was not good at all so definitely taste the wine before you decide to purchase one. No real top shelf liquor... Absolute was the best vodka for free. They would sell you a bottle of grey goose for $25 or so.

The wait times were not all that bad to get into the restaurants...even if they say "an hour" it can be much sooner. Room service was pretty good and not a long wait even though they will say "no longer than 45 min." The plaza had nightly entertainment with a live band early and then a DJ...it was okay but nothing special. I think they could benefit by improving the options at night for entertainment.

The pools were all very nice. The main pool is beautiful and for the most part the pool bars had good service. Frozen drinks were good and made fresh each time. The bars did vary on what beers they had, mostly serving Coors light and tecate light. The issue was they were never really that cold so ice buckets or coolers would be a great idea for guests to use or bring if possible. We brought rafts for the pool and just left them for new comers to use. The main pool would benefit from having satellite (XM or SIRUS) radio because each day when they did play music it was the same 6-10 songs which got a little old. The overall service was pretty good most of the time but not consistent, especially with the entertainment staff. Tipping is your choice and I'm sure they prefer you do since tip jars are at every bar) but the service didn't seem to change if you didn't tip. Bring a lot of singles because it was hard to get change sometimes and the ATM dispensing American dollars charged an outrageous service fee. There is an ATM that will dispense peso's though for only $3 service fee.

Seats were not that hard to get by the pool, we would put our stuff down there around 8:30 or so and then go eat breakfast so you don't have to get up at 6 or 7 a.m. like some posts said. Half the time people reserved pool chairs and hardly used them anyway. The beach was nice....you walk a few feet down and it's beautiful sand and water. Kayaks are free to use which we did one day. Nice way to get out in the water. We tried the spa as well and it was great service and good treatments-definitely worthwhile.

I would say overall, it was great. Our friends would opt for another place next time though so not sure we'll return if we have another group trip. I think most everyone would be very happy with this resort....nothing will be perfect everywhere and for the most part it's a great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FLMAR
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This was the fourth time visiting this resort so you know I've liked it! The resort is sprawling and the gardens well maintained. Such a beautiful and peaceful landscape. The beach is amazing and lots of access to sandy beach and water. The staff are friendly, helpful and really make the experience.

The main pool is really nice. It's a huge salt water pool that meanders quite a distance. I find that really appealing. Disappointments? What I didn't like this time were the noisy guests by the pool. As I mentioned, this was my 4th time here and I've never experienced this before but based on other reviews I'm wondering if this is becoming the norm at this resort. Every day the pool was full of loud, obnoxious guests. Getting shade by the pool is a problem and I've found this to be the case the last two years. I'm not interested in getting up at 6 or 7 during my vacation to reserve chairs. I find this so irritating that I'm not sure I'll return. They have to solve the pool chair problem.

The food was good but not as good as previous years. We tried to order champagne to our room because we had it in our room the first couple of days. We were told it was $25 to get champagne/sparkling wine to our room. But, you can get anything else, including white and red wine. Huh?

The front desk doesn't provide small bills (for tips) so if you want to tip, plan to bring change. The staff can sometimes help you out though.

Room Tip: They don't have Corona.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilove2traveltoo
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Let me start by being honest... I have read countless reviews on this site about the Valentin Imperial Maya. Many were incredible, and several were extremely negative.I would like to set the record straight once and for all. This resort is Amazing!! I have been to several all-inclusives, several non-inclusives, hotels, hostels and have even slept in a castle once. I'm not bragging... I just want you all to know that I have an informed opinion.

As far as All-Inclusives go, it was very typical of high-quality. If you request Top Shelf Liquor, they have it and they'll give it to you. Buffets for breakfast and lunch. I don't know what people were complaining about as far as buffet variety goes. We stayed for a week, and I managed to never eat the same thing twice. They had a lot of "staple breakfast items" that didn't change daily... but otherwise it was varied day-to-day. The same for Lunch.

The restaurants that we tried were all very good. I HIGHLY recommend the French restaurant. We went back a second time because the food was SO good. We loved the Filet Mignon so much that we didn't even bother with the Steakhouse. One of the best Filets I have ever had.

Service was 5* quality. All you had to do was ask (within reason), and the staff would accommodate any request. As early risers, we never really had much trouble getting a good spot in the shaded palapas by the pool or beach, but I can see how it was frustrating for other guests. The rooms were beautiful (Golden Jr. Suite), and VERY clean. I cannot emphasize enough how much we enjoyed our stay. We will be returning.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JamesWestfall
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Was there with my wife Jan 3- Jan 8, 2011. First impression of the room was nice but immediately smelled that mildew smell in the room. Very Humid. There is NO NightClub, just in the pavillion a live band played then the DJ came on from about 11pm to 2am. [DJ Roberto (Draggon)] played awesome justt not the same when you are outside with no REAL dancefloor. The Fitness Center was very small and pathetic especially when we went daily- there is ALOT of guests that utilized it. Food was awesome in the buffets for breakfast and lunch!!! But really not worth the money of a 4 or 5 star!!!! Saw alot of Gay Couples at this resort!!! Out of the way of City Nightlife!!!! Good Luck!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew750cc
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This was my first all inclusive and I wasn't disappointed. All the amenities you could ask for and more. The grounds are extremely clean and the hotel and buildings themselves are well kept and maintained.
The food was great and although I would have enjoyed bigger portions at some restaurants, there is no limit on quantity. The option of different restaurants is nice and allows you to not get bored with the menus. THe buffet and lunch spots are stacked with everything you want so even a picky eater can find something to munch on.
The room was clean to my liking, comfortable, however the large tub (soaker pool_ ensuite was a bit dingy, but I guess that goes hand in hand with the water/temperature down there. Clean enough that I still soaked in it, but got bored as I am a beach bum.
The beach was well manicured and the water was crystal clear. As I love the beach I was a bit disappointed with the lack of nice beach front water area as it was filled with coarse rock. GO to the very left of the beach and you can find a great place to wade and walk out and challenge the waves. That sufficed me.
Everybody is accommodating and looking to please. We tipped our room cleaner a buck or two each day and everything was immaculate, fridge stocked and all of that. There is a safe in the room and this was very appealing to me.
The night life was good and going to the disco every night was fun, whether it was participating or watching others. Entertainment on each night was great as well. Roo service was good too. A cheap ride to Playa Del Carmen. We only left the resort once as we loved it here so much. great pool to lounge by and in- especially since you can swim for a drink. I would highly recommend this place. Oh yeah, a key was that it was adult only.
ENJOY!