10 Thinks to Know
1) Take direct flights if possible...worth it!
2) Book transfers in advance..we used Best Day and they are perfect every time. 20 minute ride to resort
3) Never ever give your bags to anyone as you walk through the tour/time share gauntlet on your way out of the airport. Make your way outside and look for your transfer company and their ID or you will be taken for a ride!
4) All the rooms are good..we had Golden up to Diamond in the past but even lowest category is great. Preference is building 5 2nd floor.
5) Bring a float. We had a Swimways sping float from Amazon...light & folds EZ to pack and around $25. They charge $20 at the hotel for a basic one but you can find some that people leave behind all the time if you don't mind "previously owned" with low mileage
6) Pool is WARM in August which we love but gulf is cooler and refreshing. Bring a roll or Zucarita's from the breakfast buffet and feed the fish to get some great pix.
7) No reservations needed at restaurants which we LOVE and try them all. Worst case is they give you a beeper and you wait 15 min at most. We just had a before dinner cocktail at Don Miguel.
8) Bring singles for tips (or get change in the main lobby). We saw people getting dinner and drinks from a staff that works incredibly hard without tipping but amazingly they were treated with smiles and great service anyway. A testimate to the people at Valentin
9) Bring a thermal mug..bartenders will fill and drinks stay cold. Vodka is Finlandia and Tequilla has been downgraded from Don Julio. Can get Absolut and Don Julio at other bars (kept under the bar sometimes)
10) Don't miss staying at Valentin!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexico and the Valentin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya