We spent Nov 19-26 again at the VIM and I'm scratching my head where recent negative reviews are coming from, did those people stay at a different Valentin? From the minute we were welcomed with a cool towel, champagne and "welcome home" we knew we were "home again".
Breakfasts at Le Marche are bountiful and include a crepe station, omelette station and fresh fruit smoothie station. Some mornings we enjoyed a harpist and others a sax players. Add in a mimosa and it's a great start to the day. Lunch we enjoy Mar & Tierra and our favorite waiter, Gilberto. Before you sit down he's carrying over your drink, the man has a memory that won't quit. Some restaurants have a few new things on the menu, fun to try! We really enjoyed the made to order sushi in Don Miguel bar. Grey Goose and sushi, what a way to start the evning.
The pool was a bit chilly in the morning but by 11 AM it was fine. We spent many hours in our swimway floats enjoying drinks in our tervis tumblers!
We came back to our room one afternoon to find the jacuzzi tub filled with warm bubbly water with rose petals floating on the top in the shape of a heart. Beautiful!
We had the opportunity to meet with the GM, Ricardo. He was most engaging in discussing our past experiences at the VIM and assured us if we needed anything to contact him personally. What an asset to the VIM he is.
Special thanks to Alba and Daniel in the Privilege lounge who took such good care of us from beginning to end. And to the workers that keep the grounds looking so amazing. Also to Miriam at Le Marche and again to Gilberto, and those great guys that come pick us up on time when we are ready to check out and for carrying all our bags and not letting us touch one!
I know this is an all inclusive resort but please remember to tip these hard working people, they work so hard.
We are booked again with a group of 10 people in May, some repeaters and some newbies. We will also go in November. We have travelled the word both on land trips and cruises but our vacationing changed in November, 2008 when we first stayed at the VIM We found our second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya