“Awesome resort! 5 STAR!”

Valentin Imperial Maya
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Valentin the first week of June 2013. There was six of us in our group (3 couples) and we had the best time! We all booked the Silver suites and were very pleased with our choice. We were close to everything, especially the lobby and restaurants. The furthest walk was to the beach and pool, but it was not a bad walk. We tried to make use we didn't forget anything in our room. We spent most of our time on the quiet side of the pool because the ocean was red flags nearly every day and the waves were too rough for my friends. I enjoyed getting in everyday to jump the waves, but that's just me! The service here is top notch and nobody leaves you thirsty by the pool. Myra was the best waitress we had the entire trip. We absolutely loved her and I was so shocked when she came back the second day and remembered our names! That really made me feel special. We brought $50 for tips during the 6 days we stayed here and it was barely enough. I believe the extra tip makes a big difference and plus they work their tails off so it felt good to give a little extra. It's blazing hot and everyone works so hard and it's noticed. All the food was great with no complaints. The room service was amazing and came in a timely matter. We loved the jacuzzi tub and the rooms were very clean and spacious. We did go to the golden side for An afternoon to relax and have drinks, which is what we got, but they only had one small bar and it closes pretty early. It's also the furthest from everything so I can see where people would complain about the walking. I really enjoyed the walking especially after drinking and eating all day so it didn't me. I can see where elderly people may complain, but they have golf carts that come and get you anytime you need which is nice!

Key Things: They have awesome drinks and the main beer is Dos which I love! The beds we're a little hard for my liking but I had no trouble sleeping and I did not get any back aches. The rooms have robes and slippers for guests. We were greeted with champaign and cool towels. The imperial band in the plaza at night was great! Must go to the Michael Jackson show! (3 adult channels) Beautiful beach and HUGE pool with plenty of chairs everyday. All age groups!

Don't question this resort, just go! It's fabulous. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to message me.

Room Tip: Silver suites are great for couples! Jacuzzi tub, Guaranteed a King bed, spacious!! Close to restaur...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Skley from Lubbock, Texas, USA

Thank you very much for your gracious comments. We are glad that you liked our restaurants, rooms, food, pools and the amiability of our staff. It is our goal to create memories and beautiful experiences in our guest.

We expect to serve you again in the near future !

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Valentin Imperial Maya

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya for eight days at the end of April. We had gotten married in the US two weeks prior but had a ceremony on the beach at the resort as well. We could not have been happier with the resort generally and the wedding ceremony. Our wedding planner, Faviola, had corresponded with my wife by e-mail for weeks prior, coordinating the location, decorations, flowers, etc. We are not youngsters, have been married before, and there were no guests at the wedding; just my wife and I. It was private and personal and the hotel made sure that no other guests could come into the area of the ceremony. It really was perfect, and I do not use that term lightly. Again thank you to Faviola and all of the wedding planning staff. The ceremony was exactly to our specifications. A special unexpected treat was that our room was decorated the night of the ceremony and we returned that night after dinner to the hot tub filled with a bubble bath and a rose petal heart floating on top. The bed was decorated as well. It was a wonderful day and night The photgrapher, Juan Pablo, was also very talented and creative and composed a beautiful and moving slide show accompanied by music.

As for the resort itself, it is huge and all of it is beautiful. The rooms, grounds and beach are impeccably maintained; even the part from the entrance to the lobby, which is a good distance. We stayed in a golden juniior suite on the third floor in building 7. Beautiful room and kept very clean. It is worth the upgrade. There is a small pool and lazy river for the guests in buldings 6,7 & 8, in addition to the huge main pool. All of the restaurants were very nicely decorated and the food was extremely good, as was the service. I eat in very good restaurants on a regular basis, and the food at the Valentin was as good as most of those restaurants, even better than some. We arranged for a five course wedding dinner, which was served in a private room (which was also decorated) off of the main dining room of the Italian restaurant. The quality and variety of the food was exceptional, as was the service.

I am known to be a somewhat picky person, but I have not one complaint about the Valentin Imperial Maya. The staff was always friendly and polite and seemed genuinely pleased to be of service. Even the house band was good.I hated to leave, would definitely return and recommend the resort to anyone who wants an upscale adults only resort.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear jamesacap,

First of all congratulations and thank you very much for staying in the Valentin Imperial Maya for this unforgettable occasion and taking the time to write your positive impressions ; we are sure this has helped many travelers confirm that the VIM Resort is the perfect hotel for their wedding or any other special ocasion.We know that our staff (especially Faviola) will be truly motivated by your kind words about your experiences.

Please contact us prior to your next visit so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

email : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Warm regards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We enjoyed our vacation, but building 10 was way too far from everything. It's on the beach, but there's no view, because of all of the trees and bushes.
The beach is one of the prettiest I've seen and the pool is amazing. We also loved the food at this resort.
We will go back!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank BayouTeacher

Dear BayouTeacher,

First and foremost, please accept our gratitude for your having taken the time to air your comments.

We will take all of your comments regarding our Emerald front Ocean. Because we are part of the project “MARTI”(Mesoamerican reef tourism initiative) to help and protect the Mexican environment, we are not allowed to cut the palms at the beach in front of the rooms anymore.

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

We will be waiting for your return soon.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our second visit to this resort. We requested a specific room and our request was granted. We love being on the ground level of the junior swim-up suites...we love to walk and enjoy the grounds..if mobility is an issue the golfcart pickup is just a phonecall away....a special thank you to Ana and Fabiola who both helped to ensure our wedding on the beach was a beautiful and memorable event.

TO THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT:

Every morning we walked out to the main pool around 6:30a.m. and ALL of the beach chairs under the public palapas were taken...by reserved towels...no guests in sight.....really??? did people sleep out there overnight to keep their towels in place??...or perhaps get up before sunrise to place their towels on the beach chairs and then crawl back to bed??..this was very, very annoying and should not be allowed...there should be a 24/7 main pool security watch preventing guests from doing this..

The introduction of a wine list and pay per bottle option over and above the "all-inclusive" experience became very, annoying as we would immediately have this wine list shoved in our faces as soon as we were seated regardless of what restaurant we ate at....at the French restaurant on our wedding night the waiter actually started arguing with us as to why we would not splurge and order an expensive bottle of wine to celebrate our wedding night...this was not appreciated...

We were disappointed to discover that there was no live music at the beach bar in the evenings. During our visit in 2013 we spent many nights enjoying the moon, stars and terrific live band at the ocean bar. What happened??? Nobody could seem to give us an explanation.

Finally, it's time to change the evening entertainment shows at El Palenque...the Las Vegas show, the Michael Jackson show, the Circus show are tired...

Overall, we really enjoy this beautiful resort and hope that our concerns/recommendations will be considered.

Thank you to the Mexican people who work so hard at this resort to ensure the guests have a wonderful vacation. We will return for sure.

We really do love this resort and will go back. The staff over all were very pleasant, courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Junior suite swim up ground floor...no fighting for floaties...bar/food service...at your doostep...
3  Thank kathrynanne
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear VIM Honeymooners from Toronto, Canadá

Congratulations again on your marriage , we thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel for your honeymoon .

Regarding the chairs issues, because of our resort’ size we are still looking for fairest way to eradicate it .We do know that other resorts have employees walking around all day, removing towels from chairs not being occupied but those resort are not so big as ours. And unfortunately as long as there are selfish people, there will be no other way to solve this problem. We finally just would like to confirm that we are still working very hard with our all executive team to solve that universal problem.

We took good note of your observations regarding the wine list and discussed with the various Department Managers in order to take the appropriate measures and avoid situations, such as you described, in the future

Thank you also for bringing to our attention the live music at the beach; we would like have to confirm you , due to the Turtles season and because we are part of the project “MARTI” (Meso American Reef Tourism Initiative) to help and protect the environment and the wildlife as the turtles, we are unfortunately not allowed to use the beach in the evning between May and Novembre (approximately).

We hope to welcome you back for your first anniversary or whenever you like.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here from May 12-May 18. We stayed in an Emerald Suite because we wanted a view of the beach. The view is a little obstructed with vegetation and we didn't spend much time in the room, so I would not stay in those rooms again. The bed was firm, but I didn't have a problem with that. The pillows are a little hard, but there was a fluffy one in the closet. We stayed in Bldg 13 and had no problems with housekeeping. I saw one person complained about towels and bed linens on Tripadvisor. The towels and sheets looked new to me and our furnishings were fine. I didn't see scratches or dents. Our sheets were fresh and crisp. We slept well. I do like my room a little cooler, but most hotels control the temperature now.

The beach area is nice with plenty of chairs and umbrellas. We ended up spending most of our time at the pool. There is a quiet end and noisier end with music and plenty of floats if you want to relax in the pool. We never had a problem getting one. The frozen drinks were good. Try the Superman and the Hulk. The drinks are not very strong, but you can ask for double shot of liquor.

We ate at the French, Italian, Mexican, Indonesian, Japanese and Mexican restaurants. The food was fabulous at all of them and the service was 5 star. Our favorite was the French. We ate their twice. The wait staff (Hugo) was excellent. He went out of his way to provide the best service. The food portions at the Japanese were large.

We enjoyed sitting in the Plaza at night, having a drink and enjoying the music. The grounds are beautiful and well manicured.

Get up early to reserve a chair at the pool with your towel. At the end of the day turn your towel in at the Scuba/Restroom building near pool to get fresh pool towels for the next day.

We highly recommend staying at The Valentin, we would go back again. We loved it!

Room Tip: If I go again, we will stay in a basic room. We did not spend much time in the room, mostly to slee...
2  Thank angelbutter

Dear angelbutter,

Thank you for coming to the Valentin Imperial Maya. We fell so happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves.The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from our guests is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

Kindest regards from the Mexican Caribbean

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Following another fabulous holiday staying at the VIM, 8/5/14 - 22/5/14, I'm pleased to be able to say that my husband and I had a fantastic two week stay. We stayed in a standard junior suite in June last year which was lovely, but they are surrounded by the foliage, which is lovely, but you have no view, and not very pleasant when sitting on the balcony, especially on the ground floor, therefore we upgraded to a Golden Suite this year, which was amazing, we were on the third floor, which had lovely views of the peaceful lazy river, pool, and a small view of the ocean in the distance.

The holiday starts as soon as you arrive at the front door, with the very friendly porters offering you a cooling flannel, taking care of your luggage, taking you to the wonderful reception area to check in, they do bring you a glass of champagne, which we didn't get on arrival last year, and unfortunately the fizz had gone out of ours this year, but still a very nice welcome.

What I will say at this point is that on both visits, we have found the concierge at reception very cold, and not at all friendly, and if you do have any request or complaints, "ours were very minor", they were very unresponsive, such a shame, if only this could be addressed!!!

Once your past concierge, things change dramatically, the staff across the rest of the hotel are wonderful, so happy, attentive, and always happy to help with anything you may want to make your holiday special. From the housekeeping staff, restaurant, bar, beach and even the ground staff, you will always be greeted with a warm friendly smile, and will even put up with you practising your newly learnt Spanish, (housekeeping lady block six third floor), I didn't get her name, but she was lovely bless her!!

We loved all the restaurants, but our favourite has to be the French, the decor is amazing, the staff provide an excellent service, and the food is just delicious - our special thanks to Pierre for ensuring we had a wonderful birthday and anniversary dinner on the 19th it was a lovely evening, and our waiter Hugo made it very special for us too.

There are plenty of bars to choose from for evening drinks, but by far our favourite was the Don Miguel, although we did miss the sushi chef this year, the pianist played some lovely music. All the staff members here are wonderful, but I have to mention Erica, apparently she's only been at the VIM for a week before we arrived, but what a lovely lady, she made us feel so welcome, nothing was too much trouble for her, I really looked forward to popping in for our pre-dinner drinks, just to see Erica, and our vodka martini's which we're made to perfection, all of them.....

The beach is beautiful, and very well looked after. The beach staff walk the length of the sun beds, all day every day, ensuring you never went thirsty, such hard work in the heat, but always happy and smiling, we were very well looked after by Adriana, such a lovely girl, with a lovely smile.

There is plenty of entertainment on offer from 08.00 - very late if you wanted it. I especially enjoyed Pilates with Metztli, always there ready to take her class, she is very professional and knows her stuff, I progressed so much by the end of our two weeks, I just wish I could find an instructor as good as her in the UK!!! I would definitely recommend you try one of her four classes, her aqua class was also very good - I really didn't have enough time in the day to fit everything in!

I also need to mention, Nallely at the Taramind, and Edgar from the Mar & Tier, although all of the waiting staff are very efficient and very friendly, those that I have mentioned, made our holiday very special, a heartfelt thank you to all of them, we hope to see you all at the VIM next year x

I can't recommend the VIM enough, and we will be making a return trip, maybe for our Silver Wedding Anniversary next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the Golden Suites are amazing!
3  Thank Tracy R

Dear Tracy R,

We would like to thank you for your review and your loyalty for the Valentin Imperial Maya. It is always a pleasure to have you home.

We were happy to know that you enjoyed your stay once again in our resort; comments like yours motivate all our staff to continue working hard.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back for a third holiday in our resort.
P

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The grounds on this resort are definitely beautiful, full of lush vegetation and a myriad of birds, reptiles and other interesting creatures. The downside is that they are HUGE and lots of walking is required. Although there are golf carts available for transportation, they are few and far between and so, at the end of the evening, sometimes you had to walk after a tiring night.

We had an upgraded room which was wonderfully located away from the noise and just a 2 minute walk from the beach. The room was nicely appointed but a little worn. Linens and towels were not crisp and appeared a little dingy and sad. Unfortunately the room was not cleaned in a timely way and several phone calls were needed to have appropriate service, enough towels and supplies. However, as soon as the phone call was made, service did appear.
Premium alcohol was plentiful as were the wonderful "umbrella" drinks. If you prefer wine, however, relatively poor choices and poor quality. Restaurants were good with the added bonus of not having to wait or sign up daily for a la carte places.

We are avid tennis players and there are two beautifully maintained courts plus a practice court. During our stay we had no problems getting a court as there did not seem to be many players around.

The spa is amazing! Great massages and facials.

Although I enjoyed the resort, I found it too large and would not recommend it for the price. We love the Mayan and have been to superior places for the same price point.

Dear joanna4162014,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time for sharing your observations about your recent vacation at the Valentin Imperial Maya. We are pleased to know that you had a very good time in our resort.

Again thank you again for your comment and we would be more than happy to welcome you back for a second holiday in our resort.

Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your arrival so we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

Receive our warmest regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Secreto
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites & Spa Resort
Platinum Yucatan Princess All Su...
#60 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Royal Hideaway Playacar
#36 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#21 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Valentin Imperial Maya? Share your experiences!