I stayed at the Valentin the first week of June 2013. There was six of us in our group (3 couples) and we had the best time! We all booked the Silver suites and were very pleased with our choice. We were close to everything, especially the lobby and restaurants. The furthest walk was to the beach and pool, but it was not a bad walk. We tried to make use we didn't forget anything in our room. We spent most of our time on the quiet side of the pool because the ocean was red flags nearly every day and the waves were too rough for my friends. I enjoyed getting in everyday to jump the waves, but that's just me! The service here is top notch and nobody leaves you thirsty by the pool. Myra was the best waitress we had the entire trip. We absolutely loved her and I was so shocked when she came back the second day and remembered our names! That really made me feel special. We brought $50 for tips during the 6 days we stayed here and it was barely enough. I believe the extra tip makes a big difference and plus they work their tails off so it felt good to give a little extra. It's blazing hot and everyone works so hard and it's noticed. All the food was great with no complaints. The room service was amazing and came in a timely matter. We loved the jacuzzi tub and the rooms were very clean and spacious. We did go to the golden side for An afternoon to relax and have drinks, which is what we got, but they only had one small bar and it closes pretty early. It's also the furthest from everything so I can see where people would complain about the walking. I really enjoyed the walking especially after drinking and eating all day so it didn't me. I can see where elderly people may complain, but they have golf carts that come and get you anytime you need which is nice!
Key Things: They have awesome drinks and the main beer is Dos which I love! The beds we're a little hard for my liking but I had no trouble sleeping and I did not get any back aches. The rooms have robes and slippers for guests. We were greeted with champaign and cool towels. The imperial band in the plaza at night was great! Must go to the Michael Jackson show! (3 adult channels) Beautiful beach and HUGE pool with plenty of chairs everyday. All age groups!
Don't question this resort, just go! It's fabulous. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to message me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya