After just two nights of being there, they stole my wife's iPad right out of our room. Room service had been calling to see if we wanted room service and we kept saying no, so we assumed no one would be in our room when we went down for dinner. When we came back, the bed was made with petals all over it and a cupcake for my wife's birthday. We had left the iPad on the bed, which was now made and the iPad was nowhere to be found. I called the front desk, and they sent 3 security guys in. They tore the room apart looking for the iPad, flipping over mattresses, going through everything in our suitcases, and under furniture. After doing so, they huddled together to talk and then told us that the maid had reported our room door was left open, so someone must have come in and taken it. I know our door was not left open and told them they were being shady but they said there was nothing they could do. What's the point of having security when they're as crooked as the theiving resort staff? That ruined the rest of our trip and we couldn't wait to go back home. This trip was our honeymoon and that iPad was an early birthday gift for my wife. I'm so disappointed in the way things turned out for us after reading all the great reviews for this place. Please don't give them your business. I wish we would never come here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya