“Excellente!”

Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My husband reserved an Emerald suite at the Valentin Imperial to celebrate our first anniversary. He did a tremendous amount of research on the different resorts hoping to find that special one. We were not disappointed. We loved the resort and the service was impeccable. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool, drinks and food. We looked forward to seeing the coati and even the large iguanas. The only negative was the Mosquitos at night. The resort should seriously consider using citronella candles in the main areas or spraying. They were that bad. All in all the resort was everything we hoped it would be. We plan to return.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank GS-Russell
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear recent VIM guest ,

First of all congratulations and thank you very much for staying in the Valentin Imperial Maya for this unforgettable occasion and taking the time to write your positive impressions; we are sure this has helped many travelers confirm that the VIM Resort is the perfect hotel for their wedding anniversary.

Regarding the mosquitos, we would like to confirm that as many hotels in this area ,our resort is surrounded by natural tropical rainforest and during the raining season you might find more insects as we are in their natural habitat. Insects are a bad thing under any circumstance and in our business we can’t afford to be casual or careless about this and we take it very seriously. Our deepest apologies to you for this experience; we will continue to do everything in our power to stay ‘insect’ free.

We look forward to welcome you back for your 2 nd visit at the valentin imperial maya resort.

Best regards,

My wife and I stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya from 6 June - 14 June and

had an absolutely spectacular, relaxing vacation.

Let's start with arrival. Travel day is seldom enjoyable, usually long and

tedious, upon arrival you are greeted warmly with a cooling cloth and beverage and

offered the main lobby to wait for check in (if you are early arrival ie. before

3pm), While it is very nice, we were starving and chose to go eat. Check-in was

quick and painless, upgraded to Emerald in building 14 ( I would say PERFECT

location ) right next to the Mar and Tierra restaurant, backs up to the beach ( no

view but nice ocean sound and breeze) and close to the main pool.

My thoughts on the food...The buffets were solid, good food, wide selection,

would appear to be something there for just about everyone. The dinners that we had

were great at L'Alsace (French), Ginger (Japanese) and La Hacianda (Mexican), we

didn't eat at the others due to excursions and the fact that, much to my suprise,

the room service food was really good! Don't be afraid to order, great food!! It

truly does take 45 minutes or so to get there so keep that in mind.

My thoughs on the pools...Very large and clear and warm enough to be

comfortable. The resort has 540 rooms and we were at capacity (Over 1000 people) and

still the pool was not overcrowded. Service may have been a touch slow at the pool

bars in the peak of the day but not terribly so. We were always able to find room

around the pool to sit although they could spring for a few more pool floats as

those ran thin a few days.

My thoughts on the beach... absolutely stunning, great care is taken to

maintain the beach, we saw people raking it daily. They do have a roped off,

lifeguarded swimming area as the ocean is a little rough in this area. We did spend

one day at the beach just laying in the shade of a palapa enjoying the ocean breeze.

I would say there are plenty of Palapas to go around in the main beach area,

however, if there is not one there, just a short walk down the beach ( in front of

the Emerald rooms ) is a small section of beach ( not swimmable due to rocks and

coral ) that is never crowded and even has its own little bar and server. If you are

looking to lay out and not really swim ( you could get in a bit and get wet ) this

area would be perfect!

My thoughts on the service...OK, I saved the best for last, the service we

received this week was far and above anything that I have ever experienced, from the

friendly "Hola" greeting everywhere we went to the "invisible" housekeeper that kept

the room perfect. Personal shout outs to Angelica - fantastic housekeeper and

Elionahi - the super friendly beach bartender that let me practice my terrible

Spanish on him!!

Overall, this place is fantastic, I can't even begin to describe how beautiful

the grounds are, and how well maintained.I'll leave you with a few tips that the

wife and I thought about during our stay

1)If you are considering a massage on the beach, do it on your first

day...First, it's a good way to relax after a long travel day and get in the mood

for vacation, and second, especially important if you have a complextion like mine,

get the massage BEFORE you get the sunburn!!

2) If you have new shoes BREAK THEM IN BEFORE GOING, there is what some would

consider a lot of walking at the VIM, guys, I brought beach sandals, water shoes and

"boat" shoes and I think I nailed it.

3) Ladies, my wife said, the shampoo was good and body wash was nicely scented,

next trip she would not pack any.

4) Make time for a drink at the beach bar in the evening with the moon over the

ocean...perfect setting

5) RELAX, smile and take in the little things, you are on vacation after all!

9  Thank Scott M
F T, Customer Care at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Scott M.,

Thank you for coming to the Valentin Imperial Maya. We fell so happy to read that you have enjoyed yourselves.

The fact that we continue to receive positive reviews from our guests is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service. Your recommendation of our property is also encouraging our Management and staff who ensure that your vacation is relaxing.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife have enjoyed our stay here at the valentin imperial the first thing I noticed was how clean the grounds are. The service was great all the staff were freindly and very helpful. The pool and the beach were fantastic the pool area geta really hot because there is no breeze but the beach is a nice change if you want to cool down and get under some shade. The one downside to the hotel was the restaurants althogh the food was good, there was only one place you could eat at for dinner with shorts on. I could see if you were wearing swim shorts or athletic shorts but having a nice pair of dress shorts and a collard shirt seems like acceptable atire. For men you have to wear long pants and close toed shoes. Jt being over 30 degrees celcius at night this is rather uncomfortable when you have a 10 min walk to dinner. I also found it odd that woman were allowed to wear short dresses amd shorts but the men were not. This is really the only nad thing I have to say about the valentin. I would also like to point out that sergio from the dive centre was awesome he was very helpful in booking our excursion. And he remembered my name for the rest of our stay and said hello with a smile everytime I saw him.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank tin_mam1988
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear recent VIM guest from Hamilton, Canadá ,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share with us and the rest of the T.A reviewers your review.

We are sure this will help many travelers to realise that the VIM Resort is the perfect hotel for their vacation,we are overjoyed knowing that you fully enjoyed our beautiful resort.

On the other hand we are sorry to know that the dress code provided was not the adequate to complete your requirements. We have implemented a dress code to create an elegant ambience in most of our restaurants. We have air condition units in our restaurants so that our guests are comfortable when wearing formal attire.

We always appreciate our guests' contribution, suggestions and comments which help us find out about their preferences.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently returned from an unforgettable vacation with my girlfriend. I am going to keep this short and sweet so you don't lose sight of what's important because of my personal reflections.

We stayed in a junior-deluxe suite. The first room we were offered was on the first floor. We decided to change rooms to the second floor in another building to get better air flow. Some of the buildings are surrounded by trees, so a room on the first floor can become humid- something to keep in mind.

The second room we moved into- which I believe was in building 1- was fantastic. The food was good and the service was fantastic. You have to remember that it is an all inclusive resort. That said- this resort does an extremely good job.

We did not have any trouble finding chairs on the beach throughout our stay. The pool can become very crowded, however, the beach is remarkably beautiful and the water is warm. Why you would want to be at the pool instead of that beach is beyond me. But- if you are a pool person who is looking for swim up bars, music, and a lively crowd- you won't miss here either. In fact, that last point is worth emphasizing. You can get drunk and party with others if you like. Or, if that is not your thing, the resort is big enough to escape the rowdiness. Especially on the beach or the lazy river pool.

As for excursions. Check out Rio Secreto. AMAZING. And the photographs will be kept forever. Check out the website to get better information compared to my description. All I will say is Rio Secreto was a true adventure into a natural cave/cenote formation that my girlfriend and I consider to be the highlight of our trip.

Good luck, enjoy, bring sunscreen.

Room Tip: second floor!
1  Thank Nick B

Dear Nick ,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time to submit your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Valentin.

We are delighted that you had a wonderful time and would like to thank you for your gracious comments about our service , people and our food.

We would love to welcome you back for your 2nd stay , In the meantime we send you our warmest regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to the Valentin. Overall, we had a great time and would recommend the resort to any of our friends and family. It was about a 25 minute ride from the airport, and although check in was a little slow, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was not quite ready, but we were able to go and enjoy lunch near the beach. Upon entering the restaurant, we were immediately greeted by our favorite waiter who remembered us from a three day trip two years ago, which I found very impressive. Gilberto Rojas is such an asset to the VIM, and it is his service alone that has us considering cancelling plans for a trip to a different resort next summer and returning to the VIM. He went over and above the call of duty at every meal and really made our trip special. We enjoyed the food at all of the restuarants for dinner, with French and Italian being the major stand outs. We had a blast dancing in the square in the evenings and attended a few of the nightly shows.
Our room was always kept clean and we were pleased with turn down service.
The pool area is very fun during the day, the only negatives I can think of would be pool float hoarders and the bar tenders were not exceptionally cordial, but I know they are busy all day!!
The grounds are gorgeous and well kept and we enjoyed our nightly strolls to and from dinner.
The beach is also really clean and I liked that there are both rocky areas to see sea-life as well as sandy areas for swimming. The beach bar with the available swings was also a nice touch.
I would also like to mention the entertainment staff, especialy Hilario, Rafael, and Celina who really added some extra fun to tour trip. They were very personable and we participated in many of the afternoon activities.
We cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room in Building 4 and thought it was a nice location - pretty close to...
1  Thank helffrde

Dear helffrde,

In the name of all Valentin Imperial Maya, receive our most sincere appreciation for your loyalty to our chain and thank you for sharing your experiences with the Trip advisor community.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort for your 3rd visit.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us before your next arrival.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Kindest regards from your house at the Mexican Caribbean.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

You cant go wrong with the Valentin. The place is gorgeous. We arrived after a short flight from St. Louis, Missouri. We flew on Frontier Airlines through a package that we booked through Cheap Caribbean. I had a little anxiety about the flight, however, it was unfounded. They took care of us and told us everything we needed to know. Very easy. Because we had booked a package, our transfers were included through Amstar. They were great. After a short bus ride, we arrived at our Destination, the Valentin. The road up to the resort was beautiful. The landscaping was so nicely done ( we visited others on an excursion, and the Valentin wins hands down). The staff on arrival, and all the time for that matter, were just so friendly and helpful. We arrived early in the morning, so our room wasnt available. They kept our bags so we could explore the resort. We had our first lunch, buffet style, at Le Marche. There were so many options to choose from, all very good. After lunch, we had a drink, several in fact. After all, we were on vacation. Once our room was ready, they took us via golf cart. The room was great. We had booked a Golden Swim Out. We were in building 6, which was a great location. We weren't too far from the restaurants, beach, or the pool. We had a king size bed. It was a little on the hard side, but we were on vacation so who cares. The bathroom facilities included a nice shower, jacuzzi and toilet and bidet. There was also a sitting area with a couch and TV. We had a small patio with a table and two chairs. Also 2 lounges in grassy area just a few steps from the pool. We were completely satisfied with our room.

As far as the restaurants, we tried the La Hacienda, which was good, but our least favorite. We really liked L'Olivo. Some standouts were the pasta (husband had bolognese and I had carbonara), the minestrone soup, and Tiramisu. We tried the Teppanyaki (husband even had sushi) and also L'Alsace (filet is great). We were very impressed with the food selection. Just be prepared for long dinners. We weren't used to that.

We did visit the beach. It was very nice. We did get there fairly early, ie.9:45, and had to trek pretty far down the beach to find a lounge chair. It did have a palapa for shade. We had drink service, but it took a long time for her to get down to our area. It would be nice to have a bar set up on that end of the beach as well. Not complaining, just a small inconvience. Again, we were on vacation and so glad to spend the time away from "reality" that we didn't let the small things bother us. I think there were cabanas available for rent, with butler service, that were fairly inexpensive as well.

We also booked an excursion through our travel company. We booked it at our hotel. It was called Adverturas Mayas. The excursion itself was a lot of fun. It included ziplining, ATVS, and swimming in 2 cenotes, one being in a cave. It was really enjoyable and exhausting. The only issue was that we were told that it would be a half day tour with a 45 minute drive to the site and then activities and then back. It took 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back plus activities. The bus ride kind of put a damper on the whole tour. Don't get me wrong, the tour itself was really good, but the ride was not. I would still recommend it, just know what you are getting in to before you leave. Our tour guide, Moises Ramirez was great. If you go, try to get him.

As you can see, we really liked the Valentin and would visit again if we came back to this area. You can't go wrong with this resort, so book it and enjoy!!

Room Tip: Building 6 was not too far from restaurants, pool and beach

Dear nicjude71,

We really want to thank you for the positive impressions you have published on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our resort; we are sure this has helped many travelers to confirm that our Valentin Imperial Maya Resort is the perfect hotel for their vacation.

Thank you for recommending our property. It will be always a pleasure to welcome you back at Valentin Imperial Maya.

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I just spent a week in this hotel as part of my honeymoon.
The hotel itself is quite big and very clean.. we stayed on a swim up suite and no reasons to complain. The only thing was that the maids only came to clean the room late in the afternoon, we were told we could change the hour, but although we asked twice, only once they came on the time we asked. Under than that, the room was always tidy and clean and the mini bar and the waters always replaced as needed.
I know it isn't the hotel fault but there were way too many mosquitoes, mainly because it rained all week before we got there.. I was completely tortured by them; there is a shop that sells repellent but the hotel could also have some special candles to avoid them on some areas. When I suggested that, they looked at me like I was a bit "doof" and should just accept it.
There were shuttles to move about around the hotel, but unless you asked for them, they wouldn't stop to offer you a lift... in mine mind, that could have been better as sometimes it was too hot. At least, they could have set times for them.
The swimming pools were all quite nice, one is private but the other two public. The main one where most people are can be quite noisy and busy, staff are there providing drinks around the pool and providing entertainment at set times. The other swimming pool has got less people so it's quieter with just surround music and one bar; it doesn't have entertainment but has got waitress serving drinks as well.
My only concern with the swimming pools is that there isn't a life guard anywhere. I know it's an adult only resort and there's signs to inform it, but there are quite a few people enjoying their holidays and drinking to it.. I don't know.. I would expect a 5star hotel to have one before an accident happens, not after.
The beach was also quite clean and peaceful, it was just a shame that it was small and the flag was always yellow or red which I couldn't understand looking at the sea. (I do come from living in the sea side).
The restaurants were all quite nice, some better than others but all having different food options, if you don't fancy anything, you can always order a cheese burger or a simple meal delivered to the room.
We also had the romantic dinner on the beach as an extra and it was absolutely gorgeous.. really worth the money, the waiter (was called Mina I think) was absolutely fantastic and stepped up to that extra mile to please us. The food was also extremely good and the only thing is it was too much of it ;)
The entertainment could have been better I think; there was always a show at night, but it's set during dinner time, so I never saw it. There's also live music every night, but except for a couple of nights, most people wouldn't dance and to be fair no one bothers to invite them anyway.. it's the same during day time activities, i get they shouldn't insist on it, but could try and engage people more. I've been in a lot of 5star all inclusive hotels and on the others there were always 75% participating on the activities, not the other way round.
All the staff were really nice and hard-working, not one "had a face" if didn't get a tip and always always very friendly with a welcoming smile.
Even with these small details, overall it was the perfect choice for our honeymoon and I wouldn't haven't changed it.

Room Tip: swim up junior suite gets you to the secondary swimming pool within 3 steps
2  Thank scerquinho
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Regina from Scotch Plains NJ

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you found the staff to be so friendly.

We do hope we can welcome you back to VIm in a very near the future.

Wishing you all the best

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Secreto
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#20 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
9 mi away
Excellence Riviera Cancun
Excellence Riviera Cancun
#2 of 28 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!