We have traveled to Cancun over a dozen times and have stayed at seven different resorts throughout the area. We recently returned from our first visit to Valentin Imperial Maya (June 5-10), and we give the resort and our experience very high marks. We were a group of eight. We arrived at the resort in the late afternoon. The check-in procedure was quick and easy, and we were in our respective rooms in no time. Also, our room requests (room location, bed size) were honored without any problem.
Resort grounds – The resort is on the larger size. The grounds are well-manicured and full of lush vegetation and beautiful flowering plants. There are nice, wide walkways. Signage is good, and it is relatively easy to get around. You will share the area with interesting wildlife. Keep an eye out for some beautiful birds.
Rooms – Members in our party stayed in the Deluxe Junior Suite, the Golden Swim-up Suite and the Golden Junior Suite. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We found some minor things that had been overlooked. For example, one room was missing an iron, one room was missing robes and another room had a loose toilet seat. All these matters were easily rectified with a call to the very wonderful “One Touch Service”. However, it takes away from the experience ever so slightly when there are cracks in the attention to detail. The swim-up suite became our “HQ” and was the perfect space for gathering. The lazy river area outside the swim-up suite was beautiful, cozy and even peaceful at times (depending on the time of day and the number of other guests who were out and about).
Restaurants and Room Service – The breakfast and lunch buffets met our high expectations, and we never went away unsatisfied. We had room service at “HQ” on a couple of days for lunch. The room service menu offers a nice variety, and the food is delicious. The wait time for our order was very reasonable. We had dinner at Mar y Tierra, Ginger and Il Olivo. Wonderful food and nice ambiance all around. Manuel at Mar y Tierra was awesome and fun. He is a pro at making everyone feel welcome, special and appreciated. And there was Gilberto at breakfast and lunch. What a super nice person! He remembered our names and drink preferences from one day to the next. How does he do it? It is next to magical. Mostly, I can’t thank Gilberto enough for all he did to create a very memorable moment for my parents who were celebrating their 53rd wedding anniversary. My parents felt so honored, and it was just one of those kinds of experiences that our family will never forget. Gilberto deserves a crown.
Beach and Pools – The main pool buzzed daily with lots of folks and activity. The setting is very nice. We found that chairs can be in short supply. We participated in Aqua Zumba on a couple of days and loved it. Towel service is easy, and you don’t feel like you are getting the third degree when you ask for one. The beach is beautiful. There is an area that is perfect for swimming if you like nice and consistent wave action. Oh, and the fish that swim along with you make for a novel experience. I wondered if there might be a different way for the resort to work the beach lounge chairs, shelters and beach beds, but in the end we managed ok with the way things are. The bars at the beach and the pool are convenient, and service is great.
Housekeeping and Mini Bar – The mini fridge and in-room coffee service were stocked daily. Housekeeping employees seem to always be working, and they work hard. One teeny bother was that there were not enough fresh hand towels and washcloths left on a daily basis.
Daily News Bulletin – Every evening the resort provides a bulletin that is chock full of very helpful information on restaurant schedules, events and activities for the following day. There is a section that recognizes returning guests and special events. Nice touch!
Special Mention – Concierge Michael is kind, understanding and patient. He assisted me with a situation, and I can only hope he knows how I am at once truly apologetic and extremely grateful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya