The Valentin exceeded my expections in service excellence. Whenever I would ask for directions on how to get somewhere, the associate would walk me there and make sure I got to my destination. Dinners were served in a manner that made me feel like a VIP. We always left a tip because they work so hard. The concierge is experienced and friendly, and even though they said it would be 3 oclock before the room was ready, at 1:30, Juan tracked me down to tell me that the room was ready. We got great service whether or not we gave a tip, To me, service is what makes a resort 5 star.
The grounds were well kept and easy to navigate. The speakers for the piped-in music are camoflaged as rocks and coconuts to keep from ruining the beauty. I really didn't see the need for the music, as the birds make their own, but it didn't bother me or detract from the ambiance.
I was glad for an adults only escape. There was plenty of entertainment and they kept everyone busy with games at the pool. An excellent house band and dj helped to keep the evenings fun.
The room was spotless, and though I upgraded to a swim up, I'm not sure I would next time since all the rooms are nice. Building 7 was in a great location, in between the beach and the pavilion. I never saw a single bug or ant in the room, those of you who have travelled to the jungle before know how amazing that is.
Beach is great, even though the sand is not as soft or the waves as gentle as Maroma beach, very pretty and enjoyable. I would say it is one of the best we have been to, and I have been all over from Tulum all the way up to Isla Mujeres. Its cool that they look out for the turtle eggs and protect the animals. The staff went above and beyond with genuine caring and I will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya