Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
US$1,030
US$465
Agoda.com
US$318
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$434
US$280
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$280
Orbitz.com
US$354
US$320
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$357
US$781
US$585
US$808
US$788
12,746 results
All reviewsfrench restaurantemerald suitemain poolprivilege packagedon miguelthe lazy river poolbreakfast and lunchroom servicesilver suitestwo swim up barsthe french onion soupsports barcoors lightsushi barmichael jackson showother resortsla hacienda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I am CURRENTLY staying at this resort as I type this. We are EXTREMELY disappointed. They serve the SAME food everyday, and breakfast and lunch are just leftovers from dinner. My husband and I got violently ill after eating on 3 days and still don't feel 100% yet. Although the staff are generally attentive and VERY nice and pleasant, you will wait FOREVER to eat at any of the sit downs. FORGET the French restaurant! We are 2 people and were there for almost 3 HOURS waiting for 2 appetizers and 2 entrees and the waiter was nowhere to be found to refill drinks or offer apologies for the wait time. When the food finally came out, it was approximately 4 bites and the plate was empty. VERY disappointing. Hibachi was also very disappointing with hardly any food on the plate. At breakfast and lunch, you wait a long time for the staff to replenish anything that has run out on the buffet. And room service is JOKE. Regardless of what you order, they get the order wrong. Every morning we ordered 2 POTS OF COFFEE. Out of 6 mornings thus far, EVERY MORNING, they bring only 1 SMALL pot of coffee. You wait 45 mins for the coffee and then have to wait another 20 for them to bring the second pot. The only dinner restaurant worth it's salt is the steakhouse. The portions were larger and the wait time was less. Overall the food was just "Good" and certainly does NOT warrant a 6 star appointment. Do NOT go to the 2 themed buffets they have for dinner (one is Caribbean and the other is Mexican). We believe this is where we got food poisoning, as we both became ill BOTH nights they had this buffet for dinner. I believe the food sits out in this heat for way too long and becomes contaminated with bacteria.

Overall I wish I had never come here. I have stayed at 13 different hotels throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. If you come to Mexico, avoid this hotel. Secrets does an excellent job and the food is outstanding. The RIU resorts are always perfect too, although they are sometimes too large. My vote for Mexico is the Hacienda Del Mar in Cabo. Nothing could be better and the food was the best we have ever had. SAVE YOUR MONEY ON THE VALENTIN!!!

15  Thank Jennyftb18902
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Jenny from Fort Pierce ,

We are very disappointed to know that the VIM is not meeting your expectations.

But it’s also very upsetting to read your dissatisfaction here on TA instead of contacting us and giving us the opportunity to improve our services, taking immediately action to complete your requirements within the resort. Unfortunately nothing was reported.

All of our team members strive for excellent customer service and it is very disheartening to hear that you are not satisfied.

We have taken not of not so positive comments as to share with the correspondent departments; be reassured that all comments are taken into consideration and are used to improve the guest experience.

Cordially,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Choosing this hotel for our 6 night Honeymoon stay was an excellent choice. The resort itself was beyond beautiful, the staff friendly and ever so helpful, wonderful food, entertainment, and an overall amazing experience. I would recommend this resort to anyone. It was lovely!

Room Tip: We stayed in building 6. It was a perfect location. Right in the middle of everything!!!
7  Thank And_Simmons
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Look no more - the food was delicious especially the French restaurant - and the staff could not not do more for you -- each dinner was an amazing experience - I highly recommend this resort - beaches and pools were beautiful as well -- I would definitely revisit this resort again!

Room Tip: We stayed in Section 3 and it was right near most of the restaurants - to me it was a great area to be in - not too far from the pools and the beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Joanne A
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Joanne from North Bergen, Nueva Jersey

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate every word that describes our resort, your comments will be displayed within the hotel for all to see

We will be proud to see you again so do not hesitate to let us know as soon as you are ready to return.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com

Warm regards from VIM,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I just spent 6 days at Valentin Imperial Maya July31-Aug 5, 2014 and we LOVED it! From the time we arrived until checkout we had amazing service! When you arrive someone takes your bags, we were escorted to the lobby where we were served champagne while waiting to check in, which was an easy process. At check in we were well educated on our amenities and given a map. We were then taken by a bell hop via golf cart to our suite. We had a Silver Junior Suite, which had a King size bed, Jacuzzi and beautiful bathroom and balcony! The room was always immaculate and was cleaned once in the morning and then in the afternoon the bed was turned down and activity schedule for the next day was laid out. The minibar was always restocked and you could call and request more of what you needed and it would be delivered within in an hour! The food was amazing including a crepe and omelet station every morning with a huge variety of foods to choose from as well. We sat outside overlooking the water, the grounds are very beautiful. Dinners were spectacular! El mar y tierra was great, we had a great steak, salad, and appetizers with amazing service. The Italian restaurant had the tastiest pasta I have had in a long time. The French restaurant was by far our favorite though! The atmosphere is beautiful and everything was scrumptious, get the onion soup there it's awesome! I had the potato soup and filet mignon and I was so full and satisfied you could have rolled me out! The best part is you do not need reservations anywhere except Ginger the hibachi restaurant. My boyfriend also arranged for us to have a romantic dinner on the beach. It was picturesque and the food was out of this world! Carlos took care of us, he went above and beyond. It was supposed to rain so the concierge moved the dinner on the beach to inside the restaurant, which would be nice but didn't seem as special, it didn't look like it was going to rain when we arrived and without us mentioning a word Carlos asked if we could give him extra time so he could arrange our dinner on the beach since the sky looked clear. We were escorted to the bar and then when the table was ready we were brought to the table. The sand around was raked and strewn with rose petals the table was beautifully decorated white linens with red roses. Our waiter Carlos then asked if we had a camera and practically did a photo shoot for us! There was also a professional and we bought a couple of his shots, which were nicely priced, but it was so nice to have the beautiful pictures Carlos took! We ate from sunset into the night it was so romantic to be under the stars!

The other amenities were also great the pool was huge!! The pool bar was convenient and the service was excellent! The beach was beautiful and at neither place did we have trouble finding chairs, which I found pleasantly surprising! If you want to be refreshed I would recommend the pool earlier and maybe a dip in the ocean midafternoon as the pool water can be quite warm late afternoon into early evening. There were snacks at the pool bar in the afternoon which was also convenient. There were tons of activities on site if interested and the shows were also very entertaining! I especially loved the fire show! Room service is included and available 24/7! The resort is big you can call for a ride if you need to but we walked everywhere. The sports bar was a cool place at night and the DJ and dancing was also fun just a bit warm as it is outdoors.

If you're looking for a fun adult vacation with luxurious service, amenities, and fantastic food at an affordable price this place is definitely for you!! Oh I almost forgot swim with the whale sharks if its may-sept it was an unforgettable experience for my boyfriend and I, and he hates the water!

Room Tip: The Silver Junior Suite only had king size beds so if you choose it you don't have to worry about getting 2 double beds. Many couples had that issue as in other suites a king bed is not guaranteed. We were on the first floor and we never heard the room above and the AC was perfect, we could hear our neighbors a little bit but it never bothered us.
7  Thank kathleen b
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went to Valentin june 4th - 11th had a wonderful time .Pool is awesome , drinks are awesome , loved the ala cartes for dinner as there is no buffet at dinnertime.Very relaxing and the staff was wonderful.Would like to go back one day.

Room Tip: You dont need upgrade the regular rooms are gorgeous
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank john q
F T, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear John from Hamilton, Canadá

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay at the Valentin Imperial Maya. We are pleased to read your positive comments , It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

Thank you also for recommending our property and for considering our resort on a return visit to Mexico, please feel free to contact us. So we can assist with all pre arrival requests and be sure that your stay surpasses all expectations.

E mail : customercare@valentinmaya.com