Beautiful resort, fantastic staff, good food and great friends, wish we could have stayed another week.
From the minute we arrived at the front door, the cool towel and cocktail until our final breakfast mimosa on our way out of town, it was paradise. Check in was smooth and fast we were able to check in way earlier than 3 pm. We were driven to our rooms with a quick tour of the grounds by Eduardo and he couldn't have been more helpful showing us all of the amenities in our rooms. The pool, beach and buffet staff bent over backwards to help everyone no matter what, they were delightful. I wish I could remember all of their names! Security even helped us find our rooms when we couldn't quite make it to the right building. :) Tania by the pool was our favorite, calling us by name everyday and even bringing a cake to the birthday girl in our group and singing Happy Birthday in Spanish to her! Fabulous! Yes you had to wait some nights at the restaurants but we sat in the courtyard and had some drinks while watching whatever musical entertainment was performing that evening, not really a tough wait.....had some really great food at the French, Indonesian (2x) , Japanese and Italian restaurants. Loved the shows every night, don't miss the Michael Jackson, Las Vegas or the Broadway shows. Vegas night in the courtyard was great fun except for the guests fighting over the fake money?? Really. The Daily Journals were left on your bed after housekeeping had finished cleaning, if not they were available at the concierge desk. These are a must for they tell you what restaurants are open that night, all of the pool activities, rainy day activities, trips to Cancun and Playa del Carmen, night time shows and movies. The activity staff went above and beyond there were so many daytime activities as well as at night. I will say that the lighting walking back to the rooms at night is not good and you need to stay to the better lighted paths or bring one of those keychain flashlights.
We went to celebrate a birthday, relax, spend time together and drink a little too much, all was accomplished. I hope to go back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Valentin Imperial Maya is the new definition of paradise. Our 5 star Adults-Only (18+) All-Inclusive Resort is located a short 25 minutes from Cancun International Airport in the Riviera Maya. Set amid lavish gardens on a half-mile-long stretch of white sand beach named Playa Del Secreto (The Secret Beach), this magnificent award-winning resort boasts one of the largest swimming pools in Mexico. The location is ideal as one can easily reach Cancun and the world famous Mayan archaeological sites such as Tulum, Coba, and Chichen Itza, yet be removed enough to enjoy the casually elegant ambience of Valentin Imperial Maya. Escape into a world where your every wish is our command. Come indulge yourself....You deserve it! Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel & Spa is committed to preserve the environment by reducing the consumption of natural resources, promoting among our guests and staff, protection and respect for the environment through good environmental practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Valentin Imperial Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valentin Imperial Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya